Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Battle droid problem...

^^^ All I can think of with all that odd spitting is maybe George was mocking/mimicking Richard Nixon’s characteristic jowl-shake???? But then I don’t get where the slobber/spit comes from… Is Boss Nass like a giant dumb, slobbering cartoon bulldog???? He comes off totally “special”. Brian must have thought he was doing another Flash Gordon with TPM— but for the kiddies. Flash was absolutely brilliant cheese, as was the entire cast. But that brand of high camp just doesn’t work for SW, no matter how kiddified George may have wanted the Prequel to be.

SW is filled with brilliant designs that sadly sometimes, sort of make little to no sense, when seen in action and in context of their scenes— but Boss Nass is just awfully useless in every aspect. One of my fav design is Boussh with a chained Chewbacca. It’s a great visual impact: How does this diminutive being able to dominate this huge beast… Then you watch the scene and it make zero sense LOL Boussh leads and tugs at this dinky chain that Chewbacca could have broken easily. Or, he could have wrapped that chain around Boussh easily and choked her to death. But he doesn’t do either, and she doesn’t seem to have any mind-control over him— other than it’s a B&D thing… No wonder Jabba saw through their silly act! But it’s such a gorgeous design— like most of TPM’s, that I can easily overlook the weak narrative context.

Frankly, if it weren’t for the best of its designs— which are untouchably brilliant 20-40+ years alter, none of us would be here.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    ^^^ All I can think of with all that odd spitting is maybe George was mocking/mimicking Richard Nixon’s characteristic jowl-shake???? But then I don’t get where the slobber/spit comes from… Is Boss Nass like a giant dumb, slobbering cartoon bulldog???? He comes off totally “special”. Brian must have thought he was doing another Flash Gordon with TPM— but for the kiddies. Flash was absolutely brilliant cheese, as was the entire cast. But that brand of high camp just doesn’t work for SW, no matter how kiddified George may have wanted the Prequel to be.

SW is filled with brilliant designs that sadly sometimes, sort of make little to no sense, when seen in action and in context of their scenes— but Boss Nass is just awfully useless in every aspect. One of my fav design is Boussh with a chained Chewbacca. It’s a great visual impact: How does this diminutive being able to dominate this huge beast… Then you watch the scene and it make zero sense LOL Boussh leads and tugs at this dinky chain that Chewbacca could have broken easily. Or, he could have wrapped that chain around Boussh easily and choked her to death. But he doesn’t do either, and she doesn’t seem to have any mind-control over him— other than it’s a B&D thing… No wonder Jabba saw through their silly act! But it’s such a gorgeous design— like most of TPM’s, that I can easily overlook the weak narrative context.

Frankly, if it weren’t for the best of its designs— which are untouchably brilliant 20-40+ years alter, none of us would be here.
    You know, I never really thought of that, but you're right: it was a pretty weak act to pull with the captured Chewbacca. CLEARLY at just face value, something was UP! Something smelled fishy and Jabba knew it. Because you're spot on, when you really look at it...how is this a threat to Chewbacca? He EASILY could have broken that chain. That's one of the fun aspects of Jabba. He's not an idiot, he's actually quite brilliant. I've often argued that Jabba is every bit as evil as Palpatine, just on a smaller scale. I mean the dude literally uses gruesome death as a form of entertainment. I really think the Jabba sequences are among the best SW has ever offered. Just visuals alone are so unique.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 08-11-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123