Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vintage toys you would íNEVERí collect.

Double-telescoping Obi-wan and Darth Vader. I would love them however I can buy a car for what complete ones are going for loose. Content to look at pic's of those.

Yeah, if you go with those lines, prototype fett as well. Cost more than some houses. (Depending on states of course )
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I would ultimately collect anything if the price was low enough, but the stuff that I would never pay the current secondary market prices for are:

Vinyl cape Jawa
    Blue Snaggletooth
    Double-telescoping Luke/Ben/Vader
    Droids and Ewoks figures (I really wish I had collected all of these back when nobody else wanted them)
    Same here. Too costly.
    Also most things that are bulky, playlets /vehicles , as they take up a decent amount of space.
    Lastly, in general I don't collect early/mid 80's GI Joe figures, mainly due to the O-ring /rubber ring situation on the waist/torso area, they can/do deteriorate , then you're left fixing a figure.
    "It is better to light a small candle then to curse the darkness" ~Confucius
    WTB:any ESB Rebel Soldier Proof card
    Refining my broken English to proper English, *cuz John A. said so

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
    Same here. Too costly.
    Also most things that are bulky, playlets /vehicles , as they take up a decent amount of space.
    Lastly, in general I don't collect early/mid 80's GI Joe figures, mainly due to the O-ring /rubber ring situation on the waist/torso area, they can/do deteriorate , then you're left fixing a figure.
    That's why I stopped collecting joes. Also the plastic gets brittle . Broken feet and thumbs happen without trying. Sold them off and paid for my last 17
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Scoundrel View Post
    For me if it is not a Canadian Boba Fett that is on a "no offer" variant 'The Empire Strikes Back' cardback... On a nice (AFA 80 or higher) card with no yellowing anywhere... I do not want it.
    Do you have an example picture of one? Would love to see it.

I've never been interested in the micro collection stuff.

Droids and Ewoks stuff never interested me.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
    -Darth Vader

Iíve always LOVED the Droids and Ewoks lines, even though I can say objectively that both the shows and the figures arenít too great. But as a kid, I was all about it. Although they certainly didnít help the Kenner line, they werenít really directly responsible for its demise, as it was dying by then anyway. Today, as an adult, I can appreciate them for their campy kitschy place in the Sagaís history. They are some of my favorite pieces in my entire collection.

As for something I wouldnít buy? Heck, if Iíd buy those freakish things, I guess Iíd buy anything!

But really Iíd hesitate to buy any super-rare and expensive item unless it were professionally graded as authentic.
    ďDid you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?ĒóMorag the Tulgah Witch

No interest in the Droids and Ewoks lines (a common theme it appears), no vehicles or playsets (I have one playset exception for my collection), no 12" figures and no Die Cast (except Micro Collection, I love those guys). Ok, it probably would have been quicker to list what I would collect.
    "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to watch the Clone Wars TV series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

Vehicles are super addictive. I set out not to collect them. I found an xwing 2 years ago at a yard sale.....then said well i need a tie fighter to go with it...you know i also had a speeder when i was a kid... Now am 3 vehicles away from a full collection...beware.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast