Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IT Chapter 2

IT Chapter 2

Not a big horror person per say (though I love Predator, Aliens), but super pumped to see Part Two(already have my tix for Thurs., Sept. 5). The trailers were incredible, and stoked for the 2 hour, 45 minute running time. Also love the spot-on casting. Even Stephen King said they put character first over scares. May drop the 5.00 to see the Fandango reissue of Chapter One on Saturday night.

I always kind of found IT to be overrated. The novel was so...bloated, uncomfortable, and even just straight-up goofy at times. Giant cosmic space turtle Gods, underage...ah...I'm not even going there, silly monster transformations, etc. King even admitted it was written in a cocaine-induced beige. It really shows! So I really had little to no interest in seeing the movie. I always thought it was one of his worst. He's always been so hit or miss for me anyway, spanning from genius to almost schlock amateur. So when I finally got talked into see it...OH MY GOD! I LOVED IT! It REALLY streamlined the story, made it more accessible which, in this case, I found a good thing and also removed the downright "What the...?" moments from the book. So needless to say, I'm very excited for Part 2.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 08-04-2019 at 02:12 AM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Couldn’t agree more. My wife is struggling with the book right now, and I’m glad the Part One adaptation skipped all the back & forth time jumping.

I loved the first part, so I'm pumped for this.

Quote Originally Posted by jedisquared View Post
    Couldn’t agree more. My wife is struggling with the book right now, and I’m glad the Part One adaptation skipped all the back & forth time jumping.
    Oh totally bud, the book is....questionable. Kind of a drag read. I pity your poor wife. Hah. It's basically an accomplishment to finish it. It's not an easy read at all. It can even feel like torture at times. So the film, man did it do a good job of changing what I feel was necessary.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

I just hope I don't see some idiot on side of road dressed up like Pennywise. Just for them to be stupid as a joke.

Hopefully you’ll feel that way about Chapter Two.
    Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    Oh totally bud, the book is....questionable. Kind of a drag read. I pity your poor wife. Hah. It's basically an accomplishment to finish it. It's not an easy read at all. It can even feel like torture at times. So the film, man did it do a good job of changing what I feel was necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by jedisquared View Post
    Hopefully you’ll feel that way about Chapter Two.
    I'm def. excited. I'm trying to see it this weekend. I've heard Bill Hader steals the show.

He truly does...it’s Hader’s year.

This was not as good as the first one. I felt that it was unnecessarily gory. Didn't care for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast