Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i found a vintage cardback!

i found a vintage cardback!

i KNEW i had gotten one other carded figure long ago but couldnt find the card back for the life of me.
    at least one of my loose figures i can finally confirm the origins of.
    i have a return of the jedi (obviously) trenchcoat han 79 back. i knew i no longer have the esb yoda card but now i at least know i didnt throw this one out it somehow ended up with my wrestling toys.
    darkness rises and light to meet it!

Belated congrats on that! I wish I had your luck. Earlier this year I found out that most of my Star Wars related photos were non-recoverable. And one of the photos fits what you have told us. I had a photo taken with a Disneyland employee that was an Ewok in Return of the Jedi. And not just any Ewok! She was the one that took Han's gun away from him.

Plus he was the one Han figure that I anticipated the most as a kid. Not these days since I had to reduce my focus down to my Boba Fett sub-focus. But I am both old(er) and that is a different story. So again congrats on finding that card.
    Last edited by Your_Scoundrel; 08-01-2019 at 02:49 AM.
    Officially retired from anything tied to Star Wars toys since August, 2019.
    Nobody will believe my reasons. Because history says so.
    Officially returned to 2006-2018 TakaraTomy Transformers since September, 2019.
    No real difference. Just nobody telling me to do what I was already doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Scoundrel View Post
    Belated congrats on that! I wish I had your luck. Earlier this year I found out that most of my Star Wars related photos were non-recoverable. And one of the photos fits what you have told us. I had a photo taken with a Disneyland employee that was an Ewok in Return of the Jedi. And not just any Ewok! She was the one that took Han's gun away from him.

Plus he was the one Han figure that I anticipated the most as a kid. Not these days since I had to reduce my focus down to my Boba Fett sub-focus. But I am both old(er) and that is a different story. So again congrats on finding that card.
    i do kind of regret opening it now but back then i was an older kid that still played with them same deal with yoda. i forget which was the last opened i kind of think it was yoda. back then in the early 90s sw toys were dirt cheap i got several in kenner baggies for 6$ now they are like 40 or more

Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    i do kind of regret opening it now but back then i was an older kid that still played with them same deal with yoda. i forget which was the last opened i kind of think it was yoda. back then in the early 90s sw toys were dirt cheap i got several in kenner baggies for 6$ now they are like 40 or more
    I have a huge list of things I regret doing. Mostly being purchases that never did work out in the end. So I can relate. Plus I should add that Rick Springfield said that he did this as well. For me, it was the POFT2 stuff. Because I live in a vintage Star Wars dry zone and all of my originals were gone by that point of time. Which is why I am am disputing if the addition of an "order form" makes the carded figure "offerless" or not. It is one of those things I am dealing with when it comes to the TVC portion of my "offerless" Canadian Boba Fett (ESB cardback) collection.

I worked in a comic store when I was a kid and the owner taught me something that rings true to this day..."Buy what you like and you'll never be disappointed". Meaning if you buy extra stuff for the value and it doesn't pan out, you may get angry. But if it's something you like you won't care all that much. My biggest regret is and always will be passing up C-3po cases with 4 potf figs for less than $4. I wanted Joes. I clearly remember passing on them to get the new Storm Shadow. BTW I am sitting on TONS of POTF2, i used to buy one to open and one carded for the wall. I ran out of room when they were hot, and sold the loose collection for $500. lucky I did.
    Last edited by Lobotscomb; 08-02-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Tell me more about the wwf toys!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    i KNEW i had gotten one other carded figure long ago but couldnt find the card back for the life of me.
    at least one of my loose figures i can finally confirm the origins of.
    i have a return of the jedi (obviously) trenchcoat han 79 back. i knew i no longer have the esb yoda card but now i at least know i didnt throw this one out it somehow ended up with my wrestling toys.
    The Spirit of Vengeance that detects and eradicates the menace of Toxic Fandom

I am because there are those that employ unmitigated vitriol towards the PT/ST to mask their racism, sexism and predatory nature. There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Scoundrel View Post
    I have a huge list of things I regret doing. Mostly being purchases that never did work out in the end. So I can relate. Plus I should add that Rick Springfield said that he did this as well. For me, it was the POFT2 stuff. Because I live in a vintage Star Wars dry zone and all of my originals were gone by that point of time. Which is why I am am disputing if the addition of an "order form" makes the carded figure "offerless" or not. It is one of those things I am dealing with when it comes to the TVC portion of my "offerless" Canadian Boba Fett (ESB cardback) collection.
    i grew up in the dry zone too.
    i know im beating a dead taunttaun so sing along with me.
    when i was a kid i only managed to find 7 figures before the stuff dried up post rotj so i had very little so that was along ten years before potf2 roleld around.
    i had mail ordered seversl figures pre ebay and my vintage toys topped out at 20 for man years before i started buying more until i resolved to get them all.

lobotscomb do you recall my ody mandrell story? if not heres a recap.
    during the episode 1 crazy i was buying EVERYTHING. everyfigure and a lot of other random crap too.
    one day i got home and i was sitting there looking at ody mandrell and i said
    "what am i doing who the hell is this guy anyway?"
    it was then i resolved to only buy what i like rather than hunting down everything.
    i also sold off some of it with other redundant star wars when i sold off my other childhood toys in 2005.
    i cant 100% prove it but i think i may have bought back a childhood nightcreeper because the scratch on his chest looks the same as i remember mine having.

hi waggy what do you want to know?
    i sold off some of my wwf stuff too long ago but i have hulk hogan, the rock (from tha tweird titan tron series) i used to have a ring and titan tron that played theme songs.
    ive got mankind,mickfoley ,cactus jack ,dude love,trish stratus, charlotte flair , carmella, emma, big boss man, scott steiner road dog jesse james, kane, undertaker,stone cold,shawn micheals hhh, edge, lita, victoria, ariel, stephanie and shane and vince mcmahon,victoria molly holly, jim ross,chris jericho,scott hall and kevin nash. i have a lot more and some i thoguht i stil l had.
    i used to have macho man and elizabeth and im mad that i sold them i also had booker t and goldberg and they were really good figures. i used to have wolfpack sting too.

I have tons of wwf stuff too...most of the ljns from up until outback jack and Harley Race wave.traded my killer bees and adonis too. I have a bunch of the elite series mostly rare ones that were gifted to me.

cool lobot most of my stuff came from the wrestling craze in the late 90s. i first got into wrestling through my sister who had seen it years before but we hadnt had cable since the early 80s so it was the first time i got into it but i knew who sgt slaughter, ted dibiase and hulk hogan were randy savage and a bunch of other big names like bret hart and shaw micheals. i rememeber i rented wrestlemania once o nsnes id like to track it down again just becuse we were laughing so hard after we "killed" the referee.
    (he just laid there for like 30 mins or longr until we tried to get him up)

The funny thing is that the dry zone started off slowly a few years ago. And by the time the only issues I would face are either "fan" related or I was hit with some type of bad luck. When it comes to the former, it is older than the dry zone issue. Plus some experts claim it is a common issue for a percentage for those who have Asperger's. And the latter is a bigger issue that has me needing a constant reminder to stop being a proverbial Luke Skywalker when it comes to creating goals for myself.

But there is also the flip-side. The only example similar to your announcement is that I met somebody that works for Lucasfilms, Ltd. last year. It was by chance, and he told somebody that he was part of Star Wars Resistance's production team. And what he told me was something that makes me not want to give up on having at least one AFA graded item in my collection(s). Which is why I am kicking myself for tossing out every box I had. Because I bought a 'minty-ish' fresh MOC Star Wars Resistance figure as a means of reminding myself of what he told me.

Then again, I also met Kane through an RPG chat. He was friends with a former online friend of mine, who was part of the indy wrestling scene. But he ended up snubbing me because I also had a friend who is/was a huge Undertaker fan. And I also both met and shook hands with Rob Van Dam at a convention. But my brain ended up breaking when I tried talking to everybody that was not Sergio Aragones that day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast