Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Black Hole DIsney Select Classic Series!

So I watched this movie this weekend...first time in 25+ years. I have some issues/questions. Beware - SPOILER ALERTS! :-P

1. Wow - 40 years later - I can see why it bombed. Still love it.
    2. VINCENT is kind of annoying.
    3. Still love Old BOB - it's like Old Yeller dying. :-(
    4. How does Cygnus not get incinerated by the meteors?
    5. Humanoid face still freaks me out. This was a Disney movie?
    6. After going through the Black Hole, how does Reinhardt get into Maximillian? Max has no "legs".
    7. Reinhardt/Max seem to be standing in Hell? Can't believe Disney put this in a kids movie.
    8. Never noticed the throngs of Humanoids walking through hell with Reinhardt/Max watching over them.
    9. What happened to the Palamino crew? Did they fly through Heaven? And was that an angel flying with them?
    10. The "laser" special effects were horrible.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by gijigsaw View Post
    So I watched this movie this weekend...first time in 25+ years. I have some issues/questions. Beware - SPOILER ALERTS! :-P

1. Wow - 40 years later - I can see why it bombed. Still love it.
    2. VINCENT is kind of annoying.
    3. Still love Old BOB - it's like Old Yeller dying. :-(
    4. How does Cygnus not get incinerated by the meteors?
    5. Humanoid face still freaks me out. This was a Disney movie?
    6. After going through the Black Hole, how does Reinhardt get into Maximillian? Max has no "legs".
    7. Reinhardt/Max seem to be standing in Hell? Can't believe Disney put this in a kids movie.
    8. Never noticed the throngs of Humanoids walking through hell with Reinhardt/Max watching over them.
    9. What happened to the Palamino crew? Did they fly through Heaven? And was that an angel flying with them?
    10. The "laser" special effects were horrible.

Thoughts?
    This wasn't really a kids movie. It almost feels like it was an adult movie adapted into a kid's movie.

(EDITI just read the wikki and it was originally a disaster film and was the first PG rated Disney film.

I loved it as a child, hated it the second time I saw it in high school, and appreciated it the third time I watched it. The score was amazing though. I listen to the overture all the time.

I found BOB more annoying than Vincent. Why a robot would be programed with that voice is baffling (yet it was also done with Starcrash).
    Hell is one of the reasons for the PG rating. Max is stuck in hell, imprisoned inside his robot, like he imprisoned his crew as androids.
    The good guys went to heaven (led by an angel) but were released back into the universe through the white hole. IDK if it was an alternate reality or not though. The planet in front of then infers that they will survive.

I suspect the novelization explains it it better detail. I think the book tries to explain the scientific inconsistencies more.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    I suspect the novelization explains it it better detail. I think the book tries to explain the scientific inconsistencies more.
    Not really. I read the novelization of it when I was a kid, and from what I remember, they were physically atomized by the black hole and scattered across the galaxy with Kate's telepathy holding them together as a consciousness.

Did the novel have the heaven/hell part then?

I know the reboot is on hold because it is to Dark for Disney. I wonder if that will change any time soon. Now that Disney owns just about everything, they could produce it with another company.

It was a good read. I'm listening to the OST on Youtube right now. It is the theme, not the overture that I like.

I made a cast of the STAR robot pencil holder and the remains are in my Jabba's droid torture room trophy chamber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12