Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy of Adventures 5" Line

The way these are stylized reminds me of GIJoe SIGMA SIX, and I really, really don’t like it.

So happy toy making resources went to these instead of, oh, I don't know.....Hammerhead....Snaggletooth....2-1B....AT-AT Driver....Lobot....Bib Fortuna....Squid Head....Emperor Palpatine.......
    JTA: a wretched hive of scum and idiocy. You should be cautious.

Palp's feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    My bad, it actually says "Starting at $9.99"...

[IMG]STAR WARS GALAXY OF ADVENTURES 5-INCH Figure Assortment (HASBRO/Ages 4 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: Starting at $9.99/Available: Fall 2019) STAR WARS fans new and old can discover the exciting action from the STAR WARS saga with figures, Lightsabers, and more from STAR WARS GALAXY OF ADVENTURES! These 5-inch scale action figures feature multiple points of articulation and design, and include detail inspired by STAR WARS movies and entertainment. Recreate exciting adventures with fan favorites like HAN SOLO, CHEWBACCA, DARTH VADER, C-3PO, and more! Each pack contains a 5-inch scale STAR WARS figure. Each figure sold separately. Available at most major retailers.[/IMG]
    Now that we have a confirmation, can we officially refer to Hasbro as major league BSers? For years they told us how expensive SA 3.75 figures are to produce, now they're offering larger figures with more articulation at a cheaper price.

The Toybox figures from the Disney store are much better styled and executed and have a uniform look. The Hasbro figures look like different designers did each figure.
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorPalpitate View Post
    So happy toy making resources went to these instead of, oh, I don't know.....Hammerhead....Snaggletooth....2-1B....AT-AT Driver....Lobot....Bib Fortuna....Squid Head....Emperor Palpatine.......
    Yeah, continually changing formats and scales (or "expressions" as mentioned in Hasbro's panel, which just sounds like cringy corporate BS) allows them to reset the character selection every few years. This way they can find reasons to keep remaking the same 5 or 6 characters over and over and over again without ever delving too deeply in the Star Wars character pool.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Not interested Hasbro. These will go to mark down in no time. Yoda-( it is the future you see)

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorPalpitate View Post
    Just an FYI, but a BS 6” AT-AT Driver was released a few years ago, and Emperor Palpatine is coming in October. Otherwise, I agree with the alternatives for said funding.

These look like a great way to introduce younger kids to SW while still offering some good playability. I'd love to see some vehicles/beasts.

Ah, good. I was hoping Hasbro would unveil a scale I don't want in a style I don't care for.

I see where Hasbro/Disney is trying to go with this line, and that it’s an attempt to revitalize interest beyond just the collector market (us), but I just don’t feel like that’s ever going to happen with Star Wars again. Sure, kids like it whether it’s from their own exposure to media or from parental influence, but I don’t think it’s ever going to take off again the way they want it to - especially not without plenty of aliens and droids to sell it. It seems like the fatal misstep that’s always taken with this brand is trying to reimagine the format in which the characters are presented, rather than seeing that it’s actually the characters that kids don’t find that appealing, not the way the toys look. I don’t think Han Solo is as appealing to kids as aliens or other Star Wars oddities are. Maybe I’m wrong, though.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast