View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on Gentle Giant producing one or more Dark Trooper Mini Busts?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shut up and take my money!

14 35.90%
  • I'm a completist, so I'm in regardless.

1 2.56%
  • I could be convinced to purchase this if it wasn't too difficult to obtain.

7 17.95%
  • Never played the game and don't know anything about the character, so not a likely purchase for me.

2 5.13%
  • No interest.

15 38.46%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Trooper Mini Bust - Interest Poll & Thread

Dark Trooper Mini Bust - Interest Poll & Thread

One of the characters I've always wanted to see in Mini Bust form is the Dark Trooper from the 1995 video game Star Wars: Dark Forces. I absolutely loved the game and remember very vividly playing through the various levels and having my heart rate soar when a Dark Trooper would come running (or flying) at you from out of nowhere. In the game, there were different phases of the Dark Troopers that you would encounter.

Star Wars: Dark Forces - 1995

Star Wars: Dark Forces Video Game - 1995

Star Wars: Dark Forces Video Game - 1995

Hasbro got the right idea when they released the most daunting version, the Phase III Dark Trooper, in 1998 as part of their Expanded Universe action figure line.

Star Wars: Dark Forces Dark Trooper - General Mohc Action Figure - Hasbro Expanded Universe Line - 1998

Since then, Gentle Giant has actually done three of the other characters from that same line which all turned out fantastic:

Mara Jade Mini Bust - 2006 GenCon Exclusive

Grand Admiral Thrawn Mini Bust - 2014

Spacetrooper Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Exclusive (pending)

Now, I certainly think there's a market for the Dark Trooper to be done in Mini Bust form...possibly even a 3-pack of sorts to capture the different phases. It's just a matter of convincing Gentle Giant Ltd. & Disney of that. I'm curious to know what other collectors think. Be sure to vote in the poll so we can get a good gauge, and who knows...perhaps we could see a 1/6 scale Mini Bust version on collector's shelves around the world. Stranger things have happened!

Here's some examples of what these things really look like and why I think they'd make some killer Mini Busts.

Phase I, II & III Dark Troopers

Phase Zero Dark Trooper

Star Wars Legacy Collection - Build-A-Droid Phase III Dark Trooper

Kenner/Hasbro Dark Troopers
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

I would absolutely be in for something like this. Video games are another area of fandom that haven't been represented very robustly by GG. There are still several characters from The Force Unleashed that I'd love to see made.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Not really interested in it, for no other reason it would be outside of my collecting focus. That said, it is an appealing sculpt nonetheless. Gee! I remember back in the day when I collected action figures, loving having found this character. It was so massive and rather impressive. Not a very easy figure to find at stores back in those days.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

I'd pass on the ole Dark trooper. Not my thing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I’d totally be in. Loved the video game back in the day and the action figure was great. That said unless something has changed since the Disney acquisition it’s no longer considered canon and therefore off limits.

I've never considered the Thrawn or Mara Jade to be part of some Hasbro EU lineup, but instead as being part of the Heir to the Empire EU stuff...

With that in mind, I'd pass on a Dark Trooper - but make a Jorus C'baoth and I'm all in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kneel_Before_Zod View Post
    I've never considered the Thrawn or Mara Jade to be part of some Hasbro EU lineup, but instead as being part of the Heir to the Empire EU stuff...

With that in mind, I'd pass on a Dark Trooper - but make a Jorus C'baoth and I'm all in.
    Yeah , I’d get a Jorus C’boath for sure ! Outbound flight was a great read !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kneel_Before_Zod View Post
    This is true. My point was that the characters, which were all part of a group that got the action figure treatment, were made into Mini Bust form and it would be cool to see more of those characters on the higher-end side of collecting.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

I need this in my life, LOL!
    TK/TB/CC/ST-5400 - Feedback
    Facebook Page: Deathstar's Random - YouTube Channel: Deathstar's Random
    Join the Anime thread!

I’d actually be down for a Kyle Katarn MB too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast