View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on Gentle Giant producing one or more Dark Trooper Mini Busts?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shut up and take my money!

14 35.90%
  • I'm a completist, so I'm in regardless.

1 2.56%
  • I could be convinced to purchase this if it wasn't too difficult to obtain.

7 17.95%
  • Never played the game and don't know anything about the character, so not a likely purchase for me.

2 5.13%
  • No interest.

15 38.46%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dark Trooper Mini Bust - Interest Poll & Thread

Nah, I'm only interested in characters from the movies.

Thankfully, DST has shown some signs of being more open minded than the "OT only" or "movie only" mindset that seems to pervade these boards. That said, I'm not holding my breath for any EU or video game additions to the mini bust line.

But if they did produce one, it would sell well. The EU stuff most always does...and then it becomes rather sought after on the secondary market.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Jedi View Post

But if they did produce one, it would sell well. The EU stuff most always does...and then it becomes rather sought after on the secondary market.
    100% agreed.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Thankfully, DST has shown some signs of being more open minded than the "OT only" or "movie only" mindset that seems to pervade these boards.
    So in your eyes people that prefer the OT or any other movie over what you like are not "open minded"? That's insulting to people exercising their own right to like what they like, what they feel best describes their taste. You know, this name tagging going on in our society all is doing is getting us more apart. This totalitarian group thinking ideology is purely destructive for any group or community. Just because some of us choose something you do not agree with or like something you don't, that does not make us 'close minded', which is what you are implying with your comment. Pervade? No, sir. It is just an opinion shared by a large group, and that's all. If you don't like what you see in these boards then move on to a board where you can always be pleased, and find your 'safe space' there. You are, once again, insulting members here with your divisive comments. This is not the first time you indirectly attack other members for choosing what they like. And if someone needs to be open minded, that should be you.
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 07-12-2019 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Trying to be as polite as possible with my reply
    Sith Apprentice. My Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post
    So in your eyes people that prefer the OT or any other movie over what you like are not "open minded"? That's insulting to people exercising their own right to like what they like, what they feel best describes their taste. You know, this name tagging going on in our society all is doing is getting us more apart. This totalitarian group thinking ideology is purely destructive for any group or community. Just because some of us choose something you do not agree with or like something you don't, that does not make us 'close minded', which is what you are implying with your comment. Pervade? No, sir. It is just an opinion shared by a large group, and that's all. If you don't like what you see in these boards then move on to a board where you can always be pleased, and find your 'safe space' there. You are, once again, insulting members here with your divisive comments. This is not the first time you indirectly attack other members for choosing what they like. And if someone needs to be open minded, that should be you.
    I don't have any problem with people that prefer the OT, or just the movies, or whatever. People are certainly free to like what they like, and I actually support busts being made from all sources of material - PT, OT, ST, EU, Animated, Comics, Video games, etc. I want there to be room at the table for all of it. So, perhaps, instead of "open minded" I should have used the word "inclusive," because that's what I'm looking for. Apparently, I equate inclusion and open mindedness in my own head...I'll have to reflect on that. Certainly, I did not mean to insult anyone around here, and if my comment did truly insult, I apologize for that.

As for the rest of your post, I am underwhelmed. I know you don't care for me; that's been very clear in other posts you've directed at me. And I'm okay not being liked; I don't have to be liked by everyone. Over the past several months I have pretty strongly advocated for animated characters to get the mini bust treatment. I think that's probably threatening to some people who would prefer the status quo, and it's been interesting to experience the pushback. I believe that support for EU, video game or comic based characters will receive similar pushback. But I guess, maybe that's the nature of things when you're advocating for change. If all I posted was "Rah, rah, OT" and maybe an occasional "Rah, rah, PT," then probably no one would notice my posts very much, and everyone would like me. But the OT has enough cheerleaders around here, and so I direct my energies into advocating for source material that has largely been neglected, and really shouldn't be. And in doing so, I go against the grain of these forums. That's upsetting to some people. Some people don't like me. I'm a big boy, and I can take it, and to me it is totally worth it if it gets GG to even think about trying something different.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

I liked the game, I liked the action figure and even when they showed up in Force Unleashed games as Purge troopers. I would have to see the bust before weighing in. I do love troopers. The only thing I will say is there was a Spacetrooper in the original SW, albeit briefly when the Falcon comes in on the tractor beam, which is why buying that was an instant buy for me. If it ever shows up...
    He's no good to me dead!

I don't have any problem with people that prefer the OT, or just the movies, or whatever. People are certainly free to like what they like, and I actually support busts being made from all sources of material - PT, OT, ST, EU, Animated, Comics, Video games, etc. I want there to be room at the table for all of it. So, perhaps, instead of "open minded" I should have used the word "inclusive," because that's what I'm looking for. Apparently, I equate inclusion and open mindedness in my own head...I'll have to reflect on that. Certainly, I did not mean to insult anyone around here, and if my comment did truly insult, I apologize for that.

As for the rest of your post, I am underwhelmed. I know you don't care for me; that's been very clear in other posts you've directed at me. And I'm okay not being liked; I don't have to be liked by everyone. Over the past several months I have pretty strongly advocated for animated characters to get the mini bust treatment. I think that's probably threatening to some people who would prefer the status quo, and it's been interesting to experience the pushback. I believe that support for EU, video game or comic based characters will receive similar pushback. But I guess, maybe that's the nature of things when you're advocating for change. If all I posted was "Rah, rah, OT" and maybe an occasional "Rah, rah, PT," then probably no one would notice my posts very much, and everyone would like me. But the OT has enough cheerleaders around here, and so I direct my energies into advocating for source material that has largely been neglected, and really shouldn't be. And in doing so, I go against the grain of these forums. That's upsetting to some people. Some people don't like me. I'm a big boy, and I can take it, and to me it is totally worth it if it gets GG to even think about trying something different.
    You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. It's all paint from the same brush. You know exactly what you meant in your first comment. And my reaction to what you wrote is not about caring for you, liking you or not. Please no victimization card. It's about noticing every chance you get you have a tendency to single out people that do not agree with your preferences. Even in your reply highlighted above (to help read between the lines), you chose to direct your cryptic critique to OT collectors in a cynical way, and played the victim card. I'm expecting at some point to hear the forums suffer from some kind of phobia or being discriminating. You make yourself sound like some underground politician looking for some sort of social justice. But, perhaps companies produce what they produce based on their own ideas of what should be made. Perhaps people like what they like based on their own preferences and desires. Not every company has to cover or service all aspects of a whole. There is free will to be exercised in a free society, and not everyone is close minded because they like what you don't like. Not everyone feels or thinks the same way, and companies/people shouldn't be subjected to cryptic criticism just because they don't make or like something that is not exactly your cup of tea. You are patronizing DST's actions with your own mind set, and at the same time you are singling out people that prefer one Trilogy or film with your comments. And this is coming from me, someone that collects from all Trilogies. I'm going to leave it at that. I do not want to derail Chris' thread any further, it's not fair to him, but think before you post and keep in mind we are not clones of a same way of thinking.

To Chris and the Poll he has create:

Chris I do not like the way the Dark Trooper looks. I never played the game and have no interest in video games. I can understand there are people that like it, but to me it isn't attractive and I can't advocate for something that is not pleasing to me. That's all. If it gets made, I'll be fine with it, but I won't think any less of anyone else that chooses to like it. If DST chooses to go in that direction, so be it. If it doesn't it'd be just the same.
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 07-13-2019 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Wanting to highlight some of the quoted comment
    Sith Apprentice. My Feedback Thread

20 days in and it looks like 56.76% would be in for a Dark Trooper Mini Bust with 43.25% showing no interest. With a lower edition size, I think this would sell extremely well, especially to the 30-55 year old collecting crowd.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

While it does look cool-ish I went ahead & voted ‘No Interest” as it’s not exactly in my collecting purview. Personally, I would like to see some of the more main-stream busts that were never made, like a Ki-Adi-Mundi, or Dooku with arms & a saber, come to fruition, over more obscure characters. That’s just me though & I know not everyone agrees, & that’s fine. To each their own.
    Last edited by Calrissian19; 07-30-2019 at 10:16 AM.
    The dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back. -Yoda

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123