View Poll Results: What are your thoughts on Gentle Giant producing one or more Dark Trooper Mini Busts?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shut up and take my money!

14 35.90%
  • I'm a completist, so I'm in regardless.

1 2.56%
  • I could be convinced to purchase this if it wasn't too difficult to obtain.

7 17.95%
  • Never played the game and don't know anything about the character, so not a likely purchase for me.

2 5.13%
  • No interest.

15 38.46%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dark Trooper Mini Bust - Interest Poll & Thread

I never played the first Dark Forces but I always liked the look of the Darktrooper so I would be interested. But if I had an option to pick any character from the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games, I’d want Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces 2 above all else.

Quote Originally Posted by deathstar1000 View Post
    I need this in my life, LOL!
    That makes two of us, Daniel. Unfortunately, the poll isn't showing in our favor. It's unfortunate that people vote no on something they likely just have no clue about. There's a lot of older adult collectors out there, of course, but a lot of the younger kids collecting these days may have never even heard of Star Wars: Dark Forces, so they never experienced the game and a character from that game would mean nothing to them. If polled against Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker or even Kylo Ren, they'd likely choose any of those guys over a Dark Trooper.

I think what would impress me the most about a Dark Trooper Mini Bust would be the immense size it would have to be in the 1/6 scale. Just imagine something along the lines of the Republic Commando Mini Busts.

I also think once people saw one, they'd feel a lot differently about not wanting it.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
    I’d actually be down for a Kyle Katarn MB too.
    Absolutely. Both Kyle Katarn & Jan Ors would be most welcome.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Yes.

Feel like a lot of people forget he was in the classic Battlefront too, one of the more overpowered units in that game lol. Would be a unique looking bust and would make that Empire shelf pop.

Saying that, there are still a lot of more characters out there that need treatment before him.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

Yes I want busts and 6" Black figures of all the EU Figures...

Hate the design, don't want the bust. Hard pass on the fatrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Imrahil2001 View Post
    Hate the design, don't want the bust. Hard pass on the fatrooper.
    Well... in the Trooper’s defense he’s not fat. In fact he’s not even a HE but an IT as the first few phases were actually droids. I believe the last model was actually an exo-suit though.

I think these EU/video game characters would make good exclusives of some sort. Maybe a Celebration exclusive, as it doesn't seem like GG is going to step away from the McQ stuff for SDCC. I'd also be very open to some sort of crowdfunding through GG in order to get some of these more niche characters made. I think all phases of the Darktrooper would look quite striking.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Hell no.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I believe the OT is all that is SW. Nothing else can ever be. Well maybe R1 and Solo can.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars View Post
    Hell no.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    hehe!
    Sith Apprentice. My Feedback Thread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast