Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kevin Bunker (Kev) Has Passed Away

Kevin Bunker (Kev) Has Passed Away

Sometimes in life a person comes around that clicks with you instantly. It's like you've known each other for ages and you are able to interact and befriend each other in such way, in fact you feel you've been friends a thousand lifetimes over.

From day one, my dear friend Kevin Bunker and I were that way. We showed each other mutual respect, understanding and shared great similarities on life, politics and family. Kevin and I could discuss about collectibles from all films in a civil and educated manner. We didn't always agree on certain aspects of the films, but always had that understanding we were two individuals sharing a passion for the hobby despite little differences and knowing we had the right to like what we like, without discriminating remarks. That's a lesson to learn in life: people have the right not to always agree and yet find common ground and be true friends.

When I used to get the night shift at work and things were slow at the station, and because of the time difference, Kevin was always around to offer a good conversation, whether through his thousands of posts or the many private messages we shared. We laughed about things in life, we got upset as well at others; we shared an honest friendship. I was always willing and happy to help my good friend and send him mini busts too, he would buy from sellers that wouldn't ship to England. And speaking of England, it was really an honor to have a British friend. Our friendship showed me, and I hope to others here in these forums as well, no matter where you come from, no matter your nationality, origin, race, we are all humans sharing the same home together: this world of ours that so desperately needs to be united, and where friendliness should overcome anger and division. Kevin offered that to everyone. A true English gentleman.

Kevin has lost his battle with cancer, but he fought it with dignity and always keeping his head up high. A true warrior, a true Jedi. And like so, my dear friend Kevin Bunker is now one with the Force. I truly believe he is now in a much better place, surrounded by thousands of Doctor Who collectibles and Star Wars mini busts he loved so much, a place where the pain and suffering he went through no longer exist. I know he deserves a place like that and much more.

Kevin, my friend, I'm not afraid to admit it, I'm in tears and so is my wife knowing what good friendship we shared. I'll always miss you, and I hope that one day, when my time comes, I'll be able to meet you and shake your hand as we had planned on your upcoming trip to Florida, which unfortunately couldn't take place. Rest in peace, and I'm sorry you never got to have your PGM gifts this year as you wanted them so much. Thank you for your support pushing for the Amanaman mini bust to be made, and rest assure I'll continue asking for the Tessek mini bust, as it was so much wanted by you.

Your friend always,

- Julian

Last edited by LightSword; 07-08-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Line Captain

Well said Julian, and thank you for letting us all know.

R.I.P. Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBonas View Post
    Well said Julian, and thank you for letting us all know.

R.I.P. Kev.
    You are welcome. Thank you as well for paying your last respects to Kevin.
    Last edited by LightSword; 07-08-2019 at 07:21 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

So sorry to see the news about the loss of your friend, Julian.

A very heartwarming tribute. Kev is one with the force now.

I don't think anyone could have paid a better tribute to Kev than you Julian and I'm pretty sure it's exactly what Kev would have wanted (and brought a tear to my eye).

Its news that I've dreaded to hear but sadly not unexpected. I've been keeping an eye out for Kev recently but it's been heartbreaking to see him go from one of the most productive and positive collectors on here to literally popping on to read a few posts but being unable to post through tiredness or pain. This place is a less brighter place due to Kev's passing and I'll bloody miss him. We all knew his love for Star Wars and Doctor Who collecting and I hope he took comfort in that in his final days. He battled with courage and dignity and never once did I hear him moan or groan about what he must have gone through. The forums definitely won't be the same without him, he was always first with a witty comment or two when something new was released and his love for collecting shone through. I can only repeat what others have said, Kev is one with the force now. My love and thoughts go out to his family and friends.

I'll be fully behind the campaign for the Tessek Minibust in memory of Kev.
    Last edited by DarthWenger; 07-08-2019 at 10:27 AM.

I’m so sorry to hear this. Kev always seemed like such a genuinely nice & good person, I always enjoyed reading his posts on here. Anytime any mini bust news dropped, I would always go to GG’s Instagram page to show my support, or not, & I always knew Kev would already have a comment there, haha. Then I’d go to his page & watch a few of his videos with the funny filter that he enjoyed making. We’re all going to miss you & your presence here buddy. Rest in piece Kev, & May the Force be with you, always.

Thank you for posting this Light & for the heart warming tribute.
    Last edited by Calrissian19; 07-08-2019 at 05:03 PM.
    The dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back. -Yoda

RIP kevb0977. You are one with the Force, and the Force is with you.

So sad. I heard about Kevin passing on another page he followed on FB the cargo hold.
    Thank you Julian for finding the kind words in his memory.
    I didn’t know Kevin personally, but we both shared good times here at RS sharing our collection pictures. We even shared a mini bust purchase Kev got sebulba and I got Anakin.
    May the Force be with you Kevin.

R.I.P. Kev. Thanks for sharing the info Julian, and I'm so sorry for your loss.

A touching and well written tribute Light. He was by far one of the most consistent posters around here but the last few months he's definitely been more MIA than he usually was. His presence here will definitely be missed.

RIP
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast