Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toy Donations Thread

Quote Originally Posted by obijuan View Post
    Nice idea. We can force the pegs to be cleared of what we don't necessarily want but a kiddo could enjoy them. Sorry for all those Snoke's little Timmy.
    Well, that's kind of my point. Just buying up useless and/or clearanced figures that no one wants isn't really a very good gift.

It's kinda thoughtless and crummy and could be perceived that way, too.
    Last edited by Lance_Quazar; 07-07-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar View Post
    Well, that's kind of my point. Just buying up useless and/or clearanced figures that no one wants isn't really a very good gift.

This has some truth to it. To be clear, when I cleaned out a couple of pegs it was the full waves and not a bunch of Snokes. I know that last year 5 Below worked with Toys For Tots, where you could buy and donate certain toys right at the checkout counter. So I think they are probably fine as far as getting stuff for toy drives go. Wal mart is always really weird in their clearance practices, so I'm not sure that something being on clearance is necessarily an indication that the product is unwanted.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

In the way of Star Wars I could only donate Rose (5 POA) or TVC Snoke and Rey.

Anyway, good idea for a thread and to remind people to be on the look out for decent toy deals that aren't just SW. By Christmas time, there may not be as many good deals anyway, so now is the time to start looking.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Good idea for a thread, I always buy multiple clearance items for Toys for Tots - thus far its only been several of the Solo Force Link sets w/ Han figure. I figured that a universally loved character would work, and according to industry stats, the Force Link tech was well received by kids. The problem right now, is that not much is floating around - especially if there aren't many discount outlets in your area. Most regular retailers like WM and Target have very little SW in the main aisle or on clearance.

PS- please don't donate any Rose figures, that's tantamount to punching a kid in the face.

For those of you with kids, I'm curious about Legos. I'm wanting to get some Legos but as we all know the prices are pretty ridiculous. I've seen plenty of stuff in the $10 range but they are such small sets. The problem for me is I'm having a hard time not looking at them through an adult's eye. Even the more expensive stuff I look at and go "$80 for something I could put together in half an hour". So my question is, do kids get a lot of play value out of the smaller sets? Are they gonna open it, have it built in 5 minutes, and then push it to the side?
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

I do think kids can get a lot of play value out of small sets. Many of the smaller sets have lots of opportunity for imaginative play - the kids can use the minifigures like action figures or dolls and can build houses, vehicles, shops, or whatever they want for them with any pieces and parts they have as well as building the set as per the instructions. Of course it will vary from kid to kid. Some are more into the building aspect of Lego, but my son enjoyed playing with the completed sets as much as he enjoyed building them.

That's my two cents' worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar View Post

What are you going on about Scrooge???

This is a great idea!
    Always look on the bright side of life...

WTB: Vintage Collection Hoth AT AT. Either the box on its own or the box with vehicle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12