Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 PGM

As I said in the Q & A area: I read the membership details, and figured there would be this kind of reaction. I will be renewing anyway because of the exclusives I want to get mainly, but I can understand the issue with one less gift while still paying the same for the PGM. That said, I really don't know how GG did it last year. Maybe they couldn't and that's also part of how DST entered the picture.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Here's the response I just got.

Hi Hank,

We thank you for contacting us and about the 2019 Premier Guild Membership, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us!

I’m sorry to report that the information shared is correct. We designed this year’s program to provide all Premier Guild Members with more discounts and options.

With the introduction of the VIP Program, now every Customer and Premier Guild Member will have the opportunity to how many increase the amount of Reward Points you earn.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

----
    Sincerely,
    Richard Martinez

Diamond Select Toys & Collectibles

Hide quoted text

Sent: Monday, July 1, 2019 2:13 PM
    To: DST Customer Service <customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com>
    Subject: Gentle Giant Premier Guild Membership renewal for 2019/2020

Hello , I just saw your announcement about the new 2019/2020 Premiere Guild Membership. Myself and other members over at Rebelscum we’re hoping that the breakdown of the Platinum tier membership benefits are mistaken. The choice for the “free” gifts has always been as follows for the Platinum tier : choice of (2) free mini busts , or (1) bust and (1) Jumbo figure , or (1) statue. We appreciate the added coupons , but they wouldn’t make up for the missing 2nd mini bust as a free gift. Was this a mistake ? Or is this the actual intentional plan for the Platinum tier ? If we only get one mini bust as a free gift this time , it’s not even worth joining the Platinum tier. I’m hoping this was an oversight. Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks

H. Slaght ( ATATDRIVER )

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So they apparantly feel that extra coupons and VIP points make up for only giving us one bust for $150. plus shipping instead of 2. LOL. The coupons are a joke because they only give you $30. worth that are good for anything. And another $50. that is only good for in stock items that can be bought for less somewhere else anyway.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

These benefits are a step down from previous years. Disappointing. As of now I won't be signing up for any of the tiers as I'm not interested in anything they've announced. I'll be very interested to see how the final Tarkin 2 bust comes out...good luck topping the first one, DST.

Yes. With the original Tarkin having such great sculpt and pose, I'm wondering myself what pose will be given to this new one, and how good a resemblance to the actor/character it will have.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Yup. This one came out of the left field. I would have never thought in a million years a new sculpt of Tarkin as a mini bust was being done. To be honest, I'll get it but I'm not too excited about it. I'll probably would have been much more interested if it would have been a 1/6 scale statue of his.

I can see why he would be out of left field. We wanted to do a cool OT character that was not totally main stream or fan requested secondary character and I think we have a great sculpt... this does NOT mean we're not going to do other high demand characters or even secondary characters in the line. Hopefully he has his fans and they like what we have done.
    Pics as soon as Lucas approval is complete.

I'll definitely be passing this time. The exclusives don't seem particularly attractive to me, and the change to the platinum tier makes something that was kind of borderline for me into a definite pass.

Why another Tarkin? So many other characters that haven't been done yet.
    king_marvel on gentle giant collectors forum

My feedback http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1072337/

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast