Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Played Who?

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    or how even Bossk and Bo'Shek are basically just different colored X-Wing pilot costumes with a few modifications which (I want to say I heard) were even in and of themselves re-purposed from Dr. Who.
    Bossk and Boshek's costumes were taken directly from a Dr. Who episode. They weren't repurposed X-Wing Pilot flightsuits. Bossk's flightsuit was actually visible in the Cantina with a black, "fishbowl" helmet. His head is just the Saurin from the Cantina, but I believe the hands and feet were created specifically for Bossk. Star Wars' budget was only $10 million initially, so reusing costumes and masks from other movies/TV shows was a necessity in order to get the film finished.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    Now I don't know this 100%, but I always strongly suspected that parts (especially the head) of IG-88 are liqueur dispensers in the cantina because they LOOK identical. I mean, really, even 4-LOM is just a re-used protocol droid body with a new head. When you really look at it, the OT had a LOT of kitbashed and re-used costumes.
    I only recently heard this brought up and yes, the head of IG-88 is recycled from the dispensers at the cantina.

IIRC, his head is a combustion chamber from a rolls royce jet airplane engine. they found it in a junk yard.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by ZevSenesca View Post
    Yeah, I think the repurposed part is a cool detail.

As far as his identity, we might want to track down call sheets for Return of the Jedi. Sometimes I'm surprised by who is listed on those. Although obviously he wouldn't be listed as "Brock Starsher." It could still be difficult to figure out who played who if they are all listed as "Skiff guard."
    I like your train of thought; my friend. I hadn't even thought of call sheets.
    "Evacuate? In our moment of triumpth? I think you overestimate their chances!"

Look up Gerald_Home. (Squid head) he was actually there on set. His thread has a lot of great details about Return of the Jedi​.
    Last edited by VideoViper; 07-16-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    This post was written is the sarcasm font. It looks like a regular font but contains sarcasm.
    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper1138 View Post
    I like your train of thought; my friend. I hadn't even thought of call sheets.
    You also have to keep in mind that all of the interior scenes from the Palace and the Sail Barge were shot in a studio in London. The exterior scenes during the skiff battle, including the exterior of the Barge, were shot in the United States. There are also blue-screen shots of the Skiffs, which would have been shot in a studio and were possibly pick ups, so they would have been completed very late in production.

Most likely the Skiff Guard you are looking for would have been played by a stuntman for the exterior action shots and a completely different person in the blue screen shots (possibly just a random crew member). Keeping in mind that weeks or months would have passed between the interior and exterior shots.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    You also have to keep in mind that all of the interior scenes from the Palace and the Sail Barge were shot in a studio in London. The exterior scenes during the skiff battle, including the exterior of the Barge, were shot in the United States. There are also blue-screen shots of the Skiffs, which would have been shot in a studio and were possibly pick ups, so they would have been completed very late in production.

Most likely the Skiff Guard you are looking for would have been played by a stuntman for the exterior action shots and a completely different person in the blue screen shots (possibly just a random crew member). Keeping in mind that weeks or months would have passed between the interior and exterior shots.
    Considering you're obviously more adept and thoughtful in this undertaking than I am; may I hereby humbly nominate you to solve this mystery for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper1138 View Post
    Considering you're obviously more adept and thoughtful in this undertaking than I am; may I hereby humbly nominate you to solve this mystery for me!
    Well, here is a list of known stunt performers for ROTJ, some credited, some uncredited:
    https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0086190/fullcredits/stunts

Peter Diamond played the Weequay Skiff Master (the one wearing the quilted, tan shirt on the Prisoner Skiff). Dirk Yohan Beer (because D-i-c-key Beer is censored on this site for some reason) played Barada on the Second Skiff. Corey Dee Williams (Billy Dee Williams' son) played the Klaatu on the Sail Barge (the one we are getting as a TVC figure this year). Those are the only ones I know right off the top of my head.

So that just leaves:
    Bob Anderson
    Marc Boyle
    Sandi Gross (Princess Leia's stunt double, so unlikely)
    Frank Henson
    Billy Horrigan
    Julius LeFlore
    Colin Skeaping
    Paul Weston
    Daniel Zormeier
    Lightning Bear
    Michael Cassidy
    Tracey Eddon
    Ted Grossman
    Larry Holt
    Alf Joint
    Glenn Randall Jr.
    Malcolm Weaver
    Bob Yerkes
    Vic Armstrong
    Martin Klebba
    Kiran Shah
    Peter Borroughs
    Monty Jordan
    Margarita Farrell (unlikely since she was Wicket's stunt double)

I'm listing all of the names from the IMDB page because it increases the chances that one of these stunt performers might find this thread if they are Googling their own name someday.

So, that's a list to start with; but I doubt it's a comprehensive list of all of the stunt performers from a film like ROTJ.

Those are several more names than I found on my own; much appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12