Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are there multiple early bird pegs now?

heat sealed, there are 12 or 13 in the bag usually 13 I've never seen one say Hong Kong except for that one the other day on facebook that I'm not sure is genuine. The several I've owned never have any writing on them. The same pegs were used in the early bird kit, the sears cantina, and the cloud city playset

The sealed bag I just sold from the cloud city playset did not have Hong Kong on them. Feels like that would have been too small of a detail to have put on them at the time and if anything they would probably have just been tagged "HK". But, I've never seen an authentic one with markings other then an EPM mark

How are they in comparison to the new released early bird pegs.

Same size or completely different?
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post
    How are they in comparison to the new released early bird pegs.

Same size or completely different?

You mean the 2005 Walmart Early Bird set? If so, the vintage pegs are bigger because the foot holes are bigger but it is hard to tell without a side by side comparison. Now that you mention it though, it does look like seller Saragon00000 on ebay is selling modern bagged pegs as vintage. The pegs look smaller compared to vintage ones.

Quote Originally Posted by MillsyWanKenobi View Post
    You mean the 2005 Walmart Early Bird set? If so, the vintage pegs are bigger because the foot holes are bigger but it is hard to tell without a side by side comparison. Now that you mention it though, it does look like seller Saragon00000 on ebay is selling modern bagged pegs as vintage. The pegs look smaller compared to vintage ones.
    His look big to me, Edit, Maybe not. Can't tell
    Last edited by Chad_D; 07-06-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Yeah, that's what I'm asking. I don't really collect modern so I wouldn't know about the peg hole difference. So modern are smaller, correct ?

I was wondering about these being modern and sold as vintage. Something that averaged 1 or 2 bags here and there all the sudden 4 listed at the same time just made me curious enough to ask.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12