Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: what figures are still incomplete?

Jade there is nothing funny about Tourettes. Talk shows in the 90s90s exploited the hell out of it showing only a fraction of the symptoms. I have a friend whos child has it and some of his tics also cause him physical harm... They never show the worst of it and it makes me sick when they use it for what I feel is a cheap laugh.
    I really wish. Someone would do a proper line for Willow because those metal soldiers are all they ever made. I have most of them save for the mounted riders and the sears exclusive vehicles. Oh and the overpriced eborsisk dragon. I feel bad that you have such bad memories associated with something so wonderful.
    I have an association like that too. When I was maybe 3 or 4 years old I was litetally a boy in a bubble. I had a very rare strain of Meningitis and the only Human contact came in the form of doctors in essentially hazmat gear. People brought me toys, and the only toys I ever got were Mego Mr. Spock. I must have had 6 or so. Because at dinner time I could watch Star Trek, and I called the show Spock. People would ask what i wanted and I told them Spock toys....when i really wanted diffetent figures like Kirk and Scotty. Being in a bubble though people would leave them in the room until drs could give them to me. other kids in the wing would come into the room and steal my toys and taunt me. So every time I look at Mego Spock or Superman Colorforms those memories from that time are the first association. It sucks.
    Last edited by Lobotscomb; 08-03-2019 at 05:21 AM.

oh man i guess we both have bad childhoods. its possible i could however unlikely still have willow stuff lying around here but it probably got sold with the r est of it. i wouldnt mind to have willow though.
    i always wanted him and could never find him. having tourettes is a hard life i first got it when i was 4 so i was only normal for a short period of my life.
    certain movies whe nthey start makng jokes (deuce bigglow is among the worst offenders) it just makes me mad like fist clenching "i wanna hit you you sob" type mad. but i try to just ignore it.
    school was hell because of it i was barely awake in class from all the meds and the teachers didnt care if they understood.
    ive enver had a spock i want to try and hunt down the original crew i only have scotty from the tng line in the 90s
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotscomb View Post
    I collect lots of lines like willow and mego stuff. I stopped with marvel legends and the like.
    I have been holding off on vintage 8 inch mego. I did buy the (what is available ) justice League retro megos. I have been on the the lookout for good deals on the real vintage mego, however I just didn't trust my judgment until I did more research. This week, I just found a vintage mego jackpot of batman (my all time favorite ). Bought the batcave, batmobile, batman, joker , and the price was too good to pass up, superman. Need robin, would like to have riddler, penguin and catwoman. Also the batcycle. My ultimate collection would be having the rest of the available justice League and all the batman releases. Not going marvel at all. I would also like to have batman and Robin mego action figures with the batmobile. Also the same in super powers , justice League and hall of justice. My star wars focus is almost complete.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

I lucked out and bought a 200 dollar batman statue from a local comic store. My boss loved statues and told me about one statue he would love to have and that was it. He traded me a huge box of loose minty megos for it. It had most of them including Batgirl and Thor. The only dc ones missing were wonder woman,mytzlplyk, and Catwoman.marvel was missing green goblin, mr and mrs fantasic,and Lizard. Those are the only super heroes im missing except the titans. Oh and I got a minty Conan as a gift. I also have most of the trek and a few apes. Tje Fonz and starsky and hutch. I bought a lot of the new megos too. Arguably the greatest toys ever made likeness wise...well until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotscomb View Post
    I lucked out and bought a 200 dollar batman statue from a local comic store. My boss loved statues and told me about one statue he would love to have and that was it. He traded me a huge box of loose minty megos for it. It had most of them including Batgirl and Thor. The only dc ones missing were wonder woman,mytzlplyk, and Catwoman.marvel was missing green goblin, mr and mrs fantasic,and Lizard. Those are the only super heroes im missing except the titans. Oh and I got a minty Conan as a gift. I also have most of the trek and a few apes. Tje Fonz and starsky and hutch. I bought a lot of the new megos too. Arguably the greatest toys ever made likeness wise...well until now.
    i never got into mego too young i guess. never got into statues either but theres a nice zatanna id love to have but the price is way too much

Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    i never got into mego too young i guess. never got into statues either but theres a nice zatanna id love to have but the price is way too much
    Before star wars it was MEGO

Batman was and still is my first love. I like the avengers but I'm a Justice League guy all the way.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

my first batman toys were super powers. iused to read all about mego in toyfair magazine.
    oh and lobot now that i think of it i think i had one of the mounted riders (a nockmaar soldier i think) from willow

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678