Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what figures are still incomplete?

I need Lumat’s bow and Amanaman’s staff. It really bothers me to see and display figures without all their stuff, but in these two cases it’s virtually impossible to remedy without just buying the complete figures.

Like many of you, I can’t quite justify it. I’m usually so petty and meticulous about stuff like this, and normally would do whatever it takes to finish the job, so it’s surprising that I don’t just sell the incomplete figures and start over. But for some reason I refuse to go that route. These two specific copies of these figures are MINE, and I don’t want to part with them.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    i agree with all of you it is cheaper to get them complete. i was like wampa when i started just buying them t o have them then worry about the weapons later.
    at some point i started buying COMPLETE ONLY because of it.
    i wont even buy a 10$ b wing pilot because he never has his pistol. since the price is so close im thinking of grabbing a bwing pilot on a beater card
    because a the weapon will have never been touched by mortal man and beyond doubt
    and b it will be safe in the blister unable to be lost.
    but those damned leia blasters...
    That's exactly what I did but bought a baggie one. Lumat i ripped off of a potf card.

Princess blasters. It's so hard to determine the authenticity with these.

Quote Originally Posted by StarFin View Post
    Princess blasters. It's so hard to determine the authenticity with these.

True, it's one that I'll stare at the longest unless I have a known original next to it to compare. How detailed is the circle on the clip? Is it too detailed or not enough? How do the seam lines look? Does it have a modified back end? Are the grip patterns correct? It's a tough one for sure. When the retro line came out that was the one blaster I was the most concerned about, fortunately hasbro took the necessary steps to make it different with the added muzzle details.

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    True, it's one that I'll stare at the longest unless I have a known original next to it to compare. How detailed is the circle on the clip? Is it too detailed or not enough? How do the seam lines look? Does it have a modified back end? Are the grip patterns correct? It's a tough one for sure. When the retro line came out that was the one blaster I was the most concerned about, fortunately hasbro took the necessary steps to make it different with the added muzzle details.
    ...and so tiny no one can actually hold it

Quote Originally Posted by aaronthebanker View Post
    ...and so tiny no one can actually hold it

hahaha. yes yes. I never found any other then Tarkin, but the hand to blaster line up seems to have been a big screw up on these from what I've heard and seen. I opened my Tarkin and he holds his blaster fine even though I've heard otherwise. I guess that's one way to determine original versus repro. hahaha. Hope they solve that issue before the next wave

[QUOTE=WampasGottaEat2;20190293]hahaha. yes yes. I never found any other then Tarkin, but the hand to blaster line up seems to have been a big screw up on these from what I've heard and seen. I opened my Tarkin and he holds his blaster fine even though I've heard otherwise. I guess that's one way to determine original versus repro. hahaha. Hope they solve that issue before the next wave[/QUOT

Han is the worst offender, the others can hold them but crooked. I always despised the Leia blaster, and it was always the first one lost in everyone's collection. It looked like a piece of a hanger tree from a model kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotscomb View Post

Han is the worst offender, the others can hold them but crooked. I always despised the Leia blaster, and it was always the first one lost in everyone's collection. It looked like a piece of a hanger tree from a model kit.

Damn, it does look like the plastic trim pieces from a model. hahaha. How many leia blasters were vacuumed up never to be seen again?

Lumat i ripped off of a potf card.[/QUOTE]

(thunder crashes and lightning flashes ominously as angry wraiths ascend from the pits collecting hell)
    your braver than me lobot

like i was saying the price is so close (usually 60 moc and 40 in baggie) that it hardly matters. sigh i wish i had bought him back when i got all those baggies in 92 94 ish for 6$ each.
    Last edited by Jadesfire133336b; 06-28-2019 at 04:56 PM.
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    Lumat i ripped off of a potf card.

(thunder crashes and lightning flashes ominously as angry wraiths ascend from the pits collecting hell)

like i was saying the price is so close (usually 60 moc and 40 in baggie) that it hardly matters. sigh i wish i had bought him back when i got all those baggies in 92 94 ish for 6$ each.

I have a difficult time morally pulling them off mocs or opening baggies. Buuuuut, if the bubble is cracked or lifting or if the baggie is torn open and the price is comparable to a loose figure then in my mind that's about as close as you can get to a mint loose figure. I haven't done it yet, but I've come close a couple times. I've got a couple figures I want to upgrade that are notorious for paint scuffs that buying a beat up/lifting moc is about the most economical way to go to ensure the mintness of the figure. Death Star Droid, C3PO, and Death Star Commander are 3 that I want to buy upgrades for, but even a beat up moc commands a hefty price.
    Last edited by WampasGottaEat2; 06-28-2019 at 01:50 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast