Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Concept Sandtrooper Mini Bust - SDCC Exclusive

Sergiu, if you're interested in getting one of these, just make sure you can find someone that can actually open the box, inspect the mini bust, and provide you with clear pictures. Yes, there are a high number of these with bent rifles, broken/cracked straps and/or paint issues, etc. (as you have seen posted in this thread). But to be fair, there are also other samples that seem not to have suffered from any of these issues. I've been unlucky with my samples both times, and so have others, but there are folks that have found no issues with theirs or their replacement, according to their reports. That's why I feel buying one is a gamble, unless you know for sure what it is you are getting by asking the seller to inspect the product before making your purchase.
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-21-2019 at 09:00 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Sergiu, if you're interested in getting one of these, just make sure you can find someone that can actually open the box, inspect the mini bust, and provide you with clear pictures. Yes, there are a high number of these with bent rifles, broken/cracked straps and/or paint issues, etc. (as you have seen posted in this thread). But to be fair, there are also other samples that seem not to have suffered from any of these issues. I've been unlucky with my samples both times, and so have others, but there are folks that have found no issues with theirs or their replacement, according to their reports. That's why I feel buying one is a gamble, unless you know for sure what it is you are getting by asking the seller to inspect the product before making your purchase.
    It could be painted well, but with the new packing material it could arrive broken considering the long trip overseas. Unless getting this for a VERY good price, waaaay below retail, simply not worth the hassle for me. Especially since I already have the legendary trio I wanted from McQuarrie: Stormtrooper, Snowtrooper and Vader.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

I understand the risk . Maybe finding someone in Europe, so it is a shorter trip could help? That said, you already mentioned having the trio you wanted so, no need for this one then.
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-21-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

.... Hey, mine is up for grabs as soon as I receive my replacement. Free and the person that wants it covers the shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by disgruntledjawa View Post
    I might take you up on that if it's still around. Let me know.
    If you still want the free headless McQuarrie Sandtrooper mini bust I have here, PM me and let me know how you want him shipped, and provide your address so I can pack him up appropriately and get you some shipping quotes from the P.O. He will go in the garbage otherwise.
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-21-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Well, UPS delivered the replacement Sandtrooper a few minutes ago, and again it was received with a bent rifle barrel I had to "fix" myself. The paint application around the trim of the helmet is a little better than the previous one I got, but still a bit shaky, not properly following the contour of the trim, and the upper tip of the rifle stock is broken off and painted over with black paint to cover the imperfection. In the area where the barrel meets the action of the rifle it is cracked and you can see shiny glue residue, same as on the top of the hand holding the strap of the rifle, unfortunately the camera can't capture the glue very well. At this point I'm just going to keep what I've got and forget about the whole thing. Based on the two samples I've received and that of others I've seen, it is apparent these were rushed to be made, and the sub par Styrofoam tray is messing up the rifle's barrel, bending it to the side/cracking it, depending on how the mini bust was pushed in the tray.

I would recommend anyone still wanting to get this mini bust to try to find one for the lowest price possible. In all honesty, it is not worth its price. Buying one of these is pretty much like playing Russian roulette: you never know what pulling the trigger might get you. This is not an attack on the maker, but an honest observation on the quality of the product itself. I only hope these Sandtroopers and some messed up Ahsoka mini busts that folks have received are just issues with this batch, and that future releases are in fact better made and worth their price. And I'll leave it at that.

* On a side note, I do want to thank Chuck for helping me out with the return/exchange process.

* Here are some pictures I just took of the issues with the replacement sample I received...

So sorry to see you received another one with such imperfections. Really disappointed to see the bad repairs.

Are you going to try third time lucky?

Quote Originally Posted by spudmanski View Post
    So sorry to see you received another one with such imperfections. Really disappointed to see the bad repairs.

Are you going to try third time lucky?
    I appreciate your sympathy, spudmanski. I won't try a third time, to be honest. I just don't feel like going through the whole process again of cutting off the head of the bust, finding a small box to put it in, driving to the post office (which takes a while under Miami traffic), writing e-mails back and forth. At this point I've come to realize it is what it is, and I won't be getting a perfect sample. It's sad to see this going on with this mini bust. I have all the other ones from the McQuarrie collection, and all of them were perfectly made. Hopefully next year's McQuarrie mini bust (if they choose to continue with the line) would be a better experience. Who knows!

- A HEADLESS MATTER.

I might take you up on that if it's still around. Let me know.
    Since you asked first, the one and only headless Sandtrooper I have is here waiting for you, if you're still interested. I'll wait until Monday to get a confirmation from you on whether you want it or not. Someone (Swfan2391) just sent me a PM asking for it as he is designing a 3D printed head using Fusion 360. I told him I was waiting for your reply. Going but what he told me, Zod is sending him one of his headless Sandtrooper busts, too?

This newly registered member is willing to give a new head to decapitated Sandtrooper busts out there; sort of like a mad scientist project bringing these guys back to life. ... In any case, I do not want the one I have nor care to sell it, so it is ready to go to someone willing to put a head over his shoulders, whether it being you or Swfan2391
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-23-2019 at 12:01 PM.

- A HEADLESS MATTER.

Since you asked first, the one and only headless Sandtrooper I have is here waiting for you, if you're still interested. I'll wait until Monday to get a confirmation from you on whether you want it or not. Someone (Swfan2391) just sent me a PM asking for it as he is designing a 3D printed head using Fusion 360. I told him I was waiting for your reply. Going but what he told me, Zod is sending him one of his headless Sandtrooper busts, too?

This newly registered member is willing to give a new head to decapitated Sandtrooper busts out there; sort of like a mad scientist project bringing these guys back to life. ... In any case, I do not want the one I have nor care to sell it, so it is ready to go to someone willing to put a head over his shoulders, whether it being you or Swfan2391
    Go ahead and let Swfan have it if he has plans for it. I didn't have any solid plans. I just want to see pictures of what is done with it.
    king_marvel on gentle giant collectors forum

My feedback http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1072337/

Sorry you got a second crappy sandtrooper lightsword, the quality has definitely taken a nose dive. I can't bring myself to take a second look at mine. There are some serious issues with the busts they are releasing, I hope they are listening to customer feedback, I'm seriously on the fence about carrying on with GG or switching to sideshow premium format.

Go ahead and let Swfan have it if he has plans for it. I didn't have any solid plans. I just want to see pictures of what is done with it.
    Thanks for letting me know. I've sent Swfan a message letting him know he's got dibs at it and asking for his shipping address. I'll drive to the P.O tomorrow (if he replies) to get him an exact shipping quote for the parcel. I hope he is able to give this poor guy his head back.
    Last edited by LightSword; 08-26-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast