Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Concept Sandtrooper Mini Bust - SDCC Exclusive

Picked a Sandy up Saturday, and man these aren't going anywhere fast. I was the only one buying one. Other people were getting a ghost buster pack and the Spider Mual. Overall GG's presentation looked like a really low quality representation of years past. Nothing new but Rey with the xwing helmet on which is cute.
    I did see Solo Han and Chewy which were surprisingly nice but at $120 it's a big hell no.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Turbowars; 07-21-2019 at 10:43 AM.
    I believe the OT is all that is SW. Nothing else can ever be. Well maybe R1 and Solo can.

Thanks for the pics and info, Turbo! Congrats on your new acquisition.

I figured he wasn't going to be selling too fast after seeing how many were left online the last day of the preorder.
    Last edited by LightSword; 07-21-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by DarthWenger View Post
    Agreed. It will sell out but not initially. I daren't take that risk as I've got a full set so far.

i suppose it's difficult to attract new collectors to the McQuarrie line as the chances of now picking up the full set on the secondary market is pretty slim (damn that McLuke). It's got a hardcore following by a few of us though and I'll keep buying as many as they want to put out.
    I agree with you. As long as they keep putting them out, I'll keep buying them. Really appreciate what McQuarrie did for Star Wars and Pop Culture, and I admire his work tremendously. Everything has a beginning ... That's how I see it every time I get one of these.
    Last edited by LightSword; 07-22-2019 at 03:12 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Thanks for the pics and info, Turbo! Congrats on your new acquisition.

I figured he wasn't going to be selling too fast after seeing how many were left online the last day of the preorder.
    GG is just a poor facsimile of itself. The guys at the Diamond booth were cool. I saw old faces at the fake looking GG booth so its nice to see the didnt can everyone. Some kid was there signing a product I see. GG was a bit edgy at one time, now they are just like everyone else. Just blahhhhh.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Turbowars; 07-21-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    I believe the OT is all that is SW. Nothing else can ever be. Well maybe R1 and Solo can.

And they still had Hera busts too ? ! Sadly , I think GG has priced itself out for a lot of collectors. $120.-$150. is too much for a mini bust. Something is wrong when an edition size of 750 is too many for a new bust. I believe a lot have sold their collections and switched to Hot Toys for the better sculpts , or got into 1/4 and larger statues , and just buy fewer pieces for a less cluttered collection room. The current prices for busts have nearly driven me to that point. Sometimes the idea of one amazing 1/3 piece for $1200.-$1500. sounds a lot better to me than 10 more mini busts. But , until I snap and make that switch myself , Iíll just keep plugging along and see what DST does with this line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Surprised to see all those Hera MB’s. Wonder if this means we’ll see her pop up for sale on their site again? My niece is a big Rebels fan and I’d like to pick up another for her as a Christmas gift if they do. It’d give me something to burn one of my PGM coupons on, which I have a feeling I’m going to have a difficult time finding a use for.

This SDCC was the first time ever I didn't pick up anything from GG. That says it all.

Those McSandy's are gonna be in stock forever with that edition size. Nobody gave a care about them at all. Piles and piles and piles of them as you can see in Turbo's photo. As Turbo said, the GG booth was dead as a doornail. Not even much to look at in the display cases. The cool factor seems long gone I'm sad to say. The days of the huge/lifesize Jabba statue, the champagne room and the rock star fun seem a distant memory! Diamond Select is merely blending GG in with all their other "stuff" and the brand is being destroyed.

I'll pick up a McSandy when they go on sale at some point. 30%-40% off down the line smells about right.

After all these years I'm pretty much at the point where I'm making my break from collecting GG. The thrill has gone. When it's not fun anymore it just become spending money for spending money's sake. As others have said these busts went from a snack to a full meal in terms of pricing. I'll snag one here and there if it's some OT character I really want but otherwise.... upwards and onwards!
    Last edited by swabie2424; 07-21-2019 at 04:56 PM.

To see all those McQuarrie Sandtroopers (and Hera's) piled up probably tells you how far GG collecting has dropped which is sad to see. Even at an ES of 750 and an exclusive it doesn't look like even the scalpers are interested these days. I suppose people move onto collecting other things or other companies.

Emperor's Hand

The mcquarrie busts are the only gentle giant product I still buy sold the rest of my collection and still have a bit I’m trying to still sell!

So who thinks this will go up for sale at bbts or for non pg members anytime soon like yoda did last year?

I’m holding out that bbts will get them in then I will order.
    Formerly of Cyber_Syxx fame.

There's a good chance that will be the case.

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast