Thread: Came across a massive collection. What to do?

Came across a massive collection. What to do?

Recently inherited a massive Star Wars collection. Most of the sealed stuff is from the 90's with a lot of loose vintage stuff. It is just insane what this guy had. Pretty much every collectible you could get and multiples of almost everything. This is just one table of figures. I have enough to fill up another two.

My question is does anyone know of a good place to sell these? It would be nice to just sell the lot to one person/entity.

If you have the detailed list, you can put it up for sale here (in the dedicated B/S/T thread). You need a price though.

If you have the time and energy, check the auctions on ebay so that you can get a good feel on the price of each item (there are probably some variations - cards or figures - in the lot that could have a higher value, if PotF2 is still a thing).

Most people either already have these old figures, or have newer versions, so you might prefer to sell individually so that the "hot" pieces go first, and then either sell the remaining figures as lots (cheap if you want them to move fast) or even donate some to charities. Kids in need will love fighting for freedom in the galaxy (or destroying the Rebellion to restore order, whatever they prefer).

Please keep in mind that toys from the 90s are not rare (with a few exceptions) and you will not become millionnaire by selling 500 figures. As a large lot, count on 3$/figure max if it's in good shape and someone wants to flip them or build a full collection fast.

Quote Originally Posted by xediou View Post
    Recently inherited a massive Star Wars collection. Most of the sealed stuff is from the 90's with a lot of loose vintage stuff. It is just insane what this guy had. Pretty much every collectible you could get and multiples of almost everything. This is just one table of figures. I have enough to fill up another two.

My question is does anyone know of a good place to sell these? It would be nice to just sell the lot to one person/entity.
    I would list some of these gems on eBay. You’ll make so many pennies you won’t know what to do.
    The Spirit of Vengeance that detects and eradicates the menace of Toxic Fandom

I am because there are those that employ unmitigated vitriol towards the PT/ST to mask their racism, sexism and predatory nature. There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?

Thanks. Not looking to retire early. Just want them gone.

Vintage stores will often buy them for a buck or two and sell them for 5.

Send you a pm.

I might be interested in some of the "loose vintage stuff" so if you can post a list that would be great. Thanks.
    Que la Fuerza te acompaņe
    Wants: 3.75" TFA Nien Nunb, Squad Leader Stormie
    My Transaction Feedback
    My Trade and FS List

See if there are any local to you collectors clubs like the KSWCC (Kentucky Star Wars Collectors Club). Their members should be able to help you with values and liquidation.