Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Droid Depot

I don't think it would work if you pay at the end, as there would be too many people just playing around with the parts like at the Build-A-Droid setup. It's bad enough when you have a bunch of kids grabbing fistfuls of 3.75" parts and just leaving them everywhere; I can't imagine that translating very well to these more expensive droids.

I read at a Disney website that they are starting to sell droid parts separately for $19.99 a piece (as they are doing with lightsaber parts), but I don't know what that entails and if they've restocked anything yet. I am hoping to check it out Sunday and I'll give an update.

Quote Originally Posted by nooker21 View Post
    I am hoping to check it out Sunday and I'll give an update.
    Yeah, kids were tearing apart the 3.75 droid station when I was there.

It it isn't too much trouble can you check to see if the plush Bantha and K-spiders are close to the 3.75 scale. It would be awesome to know its size compared to the Hasbro Bantha. Thanks!

7/7/19 update:

Visited Galaxy's Edge this morning, and some more parts are out of stock - didn't see any black R3 domes, but at least the main bodies have all their colors still in stock. Still no personality chips, and didn't sound like they've been restocked since I last visited. I was told the backpacks needed to be adjusted as they weren't fitting the droids quite right, so that possibly explains their absence as well (they also had not been restocked).

I did confirm that you can buy individual parts for $20 a piece, and that means if you want multiples of any parts on the conveyor belt (which means, heads, bodies, or leg sets), you can get more. It's really tempting to get some more heads to swap out, so I'll be keeping an eye on this. You have to ask as it doesn't appear advertised, much like the spare lightsaber pieces.

This will be yet another drawback for those that have to travel several thousand miles, not being able to complete a droid. Buying parts separately might be fine for peeps in the same City or even the next one over, but there'e a whole rest of the Country. As well as the rest of the World.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

It’s great that you can buy R2-D2 pre-made. A smart move. Disney needs to add a few more “canon” figures like R5-D4, R3-A2, R3-M3 etc. already assembled.
    Loving Disney and all things Danish and Japanese!!!

They also have Rex & the Mouse droid, too...right? Would love a RC Gonk droid.

Quote Originally Posted by nooker21 View Post
    7/7/19 update:

Visited Galaxy's Edge this morning, and some more parts are out of stock - didn't see any black R3 domes, but at least the main bodies have all their colors still in stock. Still no personality chips, and didn't sound like they've been restocked since I last visited. I was told the backpacks needed to be adjusted as they weren't fitting the droids quite right, so that possibly explains their absence as well (they also had not been restocked).

I did confirm that you can buy individual parts for $20 a piece, and that means if you want multiples of any parts on the conveyor belt (which means, heads, bodies, or leg sets), you can get more. It's really tempting to get some more heads to swap out, so I'll be keeping an eye on this. You have to ask as it doesn't appear advertised, much like the spare lightsaber pieces.
    Thanks for the update and for reaching out, Nooker. Guess it wouldn't have mattered if I wasn't on that camping trip after all. Shame that parts haven't been restocked yet. Seems odd that none of the staff know when new stock will arrive. You would think that would be one of the questions they get asked the most, and that management would give them some estimates to share with guests. Also glad to see you weren't affected by the quake, which I believe happened the day you were there, yes? We also had a little quake here two nights ago. Good times.
    JTA: a wretched hive of scum and idiocy. You should be cautious.

Palp's feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Droidworld View Post
    It’s great that you can buy R2-D2 pre-made. A smart move. Disney needs to add a few more “canon” figures like R5-D4, R3-A2, R3-M3 etc. already assembled.
    It would really be tempting if they did make ones with more elaborate paint schemes. You can basically make an R5-D4 and R3-A2 on your own, and sort of get close to R3-M3 if you don't mind a blue stripe on his dome and you also buy the grey accessory panels. The only problem is that the sticker sets are not primary colors, so you couldn't use the red on R5-D4's back panels - the reds wouldn't match. This is what also bother me about the sticker sets - the colors are not exact matches to the pre-painted domes and bodies. I keep having this nagging feeling that exclusive or "holiday" sticker or panel sets will eventually come out, much like their annual holiday droids. They want you to keep accessorizing your droid long after you make the initial $99 investment.
    Last edited by nooker21; 07-15-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Here is my Galaxy's Edge droid; I'm naming him R3-7X. Still working on him by possibly painting some missing details and adding weathering, and may change his panels eventually.

Last edited by nooker21; 07-16-2019 at 07:41 PM.

That's a pretty cool color combo! It's too bad they didn't provide any green decals for the dome to help tie the color motif together more, but still cool looking. Are the decals of the static cling variety so they can be easily removed and reused if you so desired?
    JTA: a wretched hive of scum and idiocy. You should be cautious.

Palp's feedback thread

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast