Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12" San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Exclusive?

12" San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Exclusive?

Will there be a SDCC 12" exclusive?
    There has always been one for the past 7+ years.
    Gentle Giant / Diamond, please dont break the streak!
    We didn't get one at Celebration, so I'm hoping!
    Aim for Heaven and you'll get earth thrown in. Aim for earth and you'll get neither.

Quote Originally Posted by xphillips View Post
    Will there be a SDCC 12" exclusive?
    There has always been one for the past 7+ years.
    Gentle Giant / Diamond, please dont break the streak!
    We didn't get one at Celebration, so I'm hoping!
    Sadly it seems this line might be dead. No new news of anything coming. I hope Iím wrong though.

I am going to have to agree. Sadly there are still a lot of figures that were still left to get the Jumbo treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterc View Post
    I am going to have to agree. Sadly there are still a lot of figures that were still left to get the Jumbo treatment.

We were never going to get the entire vintage line released in this Jumbo scale, even when GG was still revealing new figures every other month. It's naive to think that was ever going to happen. But yeah it would have been nice to at least get a few more popular ones from ROTJ such as the Jabba's palace aliens like Ree Yees, Squid Face, etc. The lack of any Jumbo exclusive for SDCC this year really indicates that this line is pretty much done now unfortunately.
    Last edited by Shabby_Blue; 06-28-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    Shabby Blue

Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Blue View Post
    We were never going to get the entire vintage line released in this Jumbo scale, even when GG was still revealing new figures every other month. It's naive to think that was ever going to happen. But yeah it would have been nice to at least get a few more popular ones from ROTJ such as the Jabba's palace aliens like Ree Yees, Squid Face, etc. The lack of any Jumbo exclusive for SDCC this year really indicates that this line is pretty much done now unfortunately.

Thought I remember pictures of a new Jumbo at the Gentle Giant booth at NY Toy Fair earlier this year, no press about it though.

I am surprised, and upset, we never got a pop up saber R2. They already have the mold from thr Droids version that was exclusive a few years ago so it would have been a nice and easy release. Oh well.

Mike
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    Looking for SWS.com's Vader's Trap print #14
    Looking for R2 Prototypes MOC's & Cobot too! Also Droids R2 Original Art

Any word if this line is dead or not ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ATATDRIVER View Post
    Any word if this line is dead or not ?
    Removable limbs c3po is a 2019 PG Exclusive so the line is still alive but it feels like they're phoning it in at this point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast