Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12" San Diego Comic-Con 2019 Exclusive?

I wish they would stick with this line. Not only for Star Wars but the upcoming Marvel and DC Jumbos that were shown but subsequently cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I wish they would stick with this line. Not only for Star Wars but the upcoming Marvel and DC Jumbos that were shown but subsequently cancelled.
    Same here but you gotta make a profit to stick with a line. As cool as they are, they are expensive and take up a ton of space. I finally threw out all my bubble cases.

Quote Originally Posted by gijigsaw View Post
    Same here but you gotta make a profit to stick with a line. As cool as they are, they are expensive and take up a ton of space. I finally threw out all my bubble cases.
    Probably could have sold those bad boys!
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

There were 2 Jumbos planned for SDCC and Celebration. They were both re-dos of existing figures, with an added accessory and an updated cardback. Both ended up casualties of the sale to Diamond. Maybe we will see them some day.

It kinda depends on the figures. Some of the older ones really need a rework and I wouldn't want to see them re-released till they updated them (e.g. Leia and Chewie being wrong height). I could see them doing a few re-issues with POTF cards and coins such as Vader and Ben but I really don't like where they place the coin on the card when they go down that path.

I can see some collectors picking up DT versions of Vader and Ben but they'd have to be on a SW logo card, it wouldn't make sense to have them on anything else.

Honestly, I think the line is dead and not worth Diamond investing in it. A lot of the remaining unmade characters are dull as dishwater. Yes, they'll have their fans and some people will buy them, but not enough to warrant the investment in all the development required. Yes, there's also some nice figures remaining but businesses always need to think about what else they could do instead to generate profit, and I don't know the last few good figures are strong contenders there.

Personally I could see them going back to the start and doing everything again in 6" scale and if they did it right, I think they'd sell well. Their could be some licensing issues with Hasbro I expect, and if Hasbro really decide to invest in their 3 3/4" Retro line then they could suck up a lot of the nostalgia sales that Diamond could have otherwise realised. Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.
    "I'm sorry, but I'm not going to watch the Clone Wars TV series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12