Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why are there so many threads about modern figures on here?

I looked at this board, there were 2 active topics in this section regarding the modern vintage line until you added number three. One was about the overall line and the other is about the "prototype" exclusive Vader. Personally and as a moderator, I think these have a place in this section. There is a term called vintage-ploitation and these fit perfectly. Exploiting the vintage hobby for modern gain. Discussion about these figures, weapons, etc. is fine. If and when the board gets overwhelmed by posts then we will probably thin the herd a bit a shut some other threads down. Until then, it's nice seeing a little life in this section.

Mike
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    Looking for SWS.com's Vader's Trap print #14
    Looking for R2 Prototypes MOC's & Cobot too! Also Droids R2 Original Art

I must admit these retro figures increased my time on this forum. I usually lurk around here to see what's going on or I check the sales threads or watch out section if I am looking to make a purchase.

I found the retro thread announcement and have been pretty much a regular since. Now I stay around looking for updates, feedback and fun conversation about these pieces. I'm pretty sure there are other members that feel the same.

The vintage (true) pieces are a shared love and interest with all of us, but there is only so much we can talk about because there really hasn't been anything new or discovered in a long time. Sure we still find topics, but I think this is refreshing and new.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Quote Originally Posted by x98lbwuss View Post
    sooooo... you were just randomly spouting off pretending to have knowledge about something you donít, ok cool. At least youíre honest.
    Yeah, thatís correct. Youíre logic is sound. If you donít live in the country you know nothing about how itís run. Well done. Thereís a job for you in Trumps cabinet.
    Always look on the bright side of life...

WTB: Vintage Collection Hoth AT AT. Either the box on its own or the box with vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Ritter View Post
    I looked at this board, there were 2 active topics in this section regarding the modern vintage line until you added number three. One was about the overall line and the other is about the "prototype" exclusive Vader. Personally and as a moderator, I think these have a place in this section. There is a term called vintage-ploitation and these fit perfectly. Exploiting the vintage hobby for modern gain. Discussion about these figures, weapons, etc. is fine. If and when the board gets overwhelmed by posts then we will probably thin the herd a bit a shut some other threads down. Until then, it's nice seeing a little life in this section.

Mike
    i agree. Some people like to complain to feel valued. Just humour them and move on.

WTB: Vintage Collection Hoth AT AT. Either the box on its own or the box with vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    ... There’s a job for you in Trumps cabinet.
    Oh, brother.
    Sith Apprentice
    My Trading Feedback

I like seeing the added life to the vintage thread as long as it walks the vintage tight rope. Retro isn't vintage, but it's vintage-ish and inspires topics related to vintage. I don't think there's so much going on in the vintage threads that having modern/vintage crossover conversations makes it confusing or frustrating. It's still easier to keep up with than facebook. hahaha. As Michael_Ritter mentioned, the mods will monitor it and if it gets overly populated with modern convos then they'll take action. Until then, I like not having to jump around too much to discuss the Retro line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Apprentice View Post

Oh, brother.
    Someone **** their knickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    Someone **** their knickers.
    could you translate that? I don't understand the brit dialect.
    Sith Apprentice
    My Trading Feedback

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123