Thread: Which is better AFA or UKG ?? to boost item value

Which is better AFA or UKG ?? to boost item value

Dear members

I am considering getting graded my items.

I have a good friend in UK and he organizes everything including submission which is very helpful because I am in JP.

But in terms of item price, AFA graded items are much higher in the market even in the same grade such as AFA85, UKG85.

where does this difference come from ??

and which do you think better to use in order to boost up values.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCracker View Post
    AFA in my opinion.
    Thanks.

but why ??

Quote Originally Posted by littlecaser View Post
    Thanks.

but why ??
    I think itís a more trusted grading company especially in the US. CAS would be second. However, itís probably different on the other side of the pond.

When you are dealing with vintage Kenner products, AFA is seen as a more recognizable brand. And because of that sellers tend to treat their graded stuff as high-end Disney park merchandise.

But in reality, the successful ones know their target consumers. And they can probably get the same price regardless if it is an AFA 85 or a UKG 85%. So my advice is lean towards your friends help if it saves you both time and money. Because as every expert has said on this subject, "You'll lose money if you think using a grading company can make your $10 raw into a $100 graded. So know your buyers wants first."

I hope that helps to any degree.
    CURRENTLY COLLECTING: Boba Fett - Canadian ESB cardback - NO OFFERS
    CURRENTLY HAVE: Coming soon...
    CURRENTLY NEED: Boba Fett - Canadian ESB cardback - 32 back, 41b back - 80+ or 85 condition

UPDATE: Contact Star Case if you ever feel that you need help selling your graded figures. They might be able to help.

Here is their link: http://starcase.jp/
    CURRENTLY COLLECTING: Boba Fett - Canadian ESB cardback - NO OFFERS
    CURRENTLY HAVE: Coming soon...
    CURRENTLY NEED: Boba Fett - Canadian ESB cardback - 32 back, 41b back - 80+ or 85 condition