Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is/would be your Star Wars collecting focus?

What is/would be your Star Wars collecting focus?

I don't have a collecting focus, but I'm fascinated by the idea of attempting to acquire anything ever produced that meets some criterion. Because of diorama scenes taking up most of my collection room, I just don't have the space for a focus "shrine" to something. But if I did, I think it would be a character-based one of these: Tusken Raider/Bantha (my favorite aliens), Dengar (favorite bounty hunter), or Lobot (favorite supporting character). If my focus were based on locale, then probably Cloud City. These would be substantial enough for a nice collection, but not impossible like a Vader focus or something. What are yours- do you have a pic, a link, or just an idea for one?
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

I have a little Ackbar focus. He's fun.

My wife likes any female characters.

I only collect Original Trilogy Imperials with minor exceptions.

COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

These are great! Thanks for the pics- let's see some more
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Great idea for a thread! POTF2 is my main focus, although I dally in a little bit of everything else on the side.

If I had to pick one it would be the OT TIE Fighter Pilot. I absolutely love the design (which would be my cosplay of choice if I ever went down that route) and it's limited enough that it wouldn't be impossible to build a good display around. It also ties in nicely to the X-Wing game series which IMO is a franchise highlight.
    Last edited by TJapes; 06-17-2019 at 07:21 AM.

I don't have a focus either since I collect everything Hasbro. If I started a vintage focus, it'd probably be something funky like 2-1B.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

I stick to GG mini busts
    The dark is generous and it is patient and it always wins – but in the heart of its strength lies its weakness: one lone candle is enough to hold it back.” -Yoda

When it comes to some other franchises, I do have some focal-point characters, like I have an entire Mysterio collection for Marvel/Spider-Man. I'm pretty well rounded with SW. Though I am almost entire OT only, I buy an occasional PT (usually just designs I like I.E: Grievous, Jango, Maul, etc), and no ST/Spin Off/Animated. If any character comes close to for me in SW, it's Boba Fett and the ESB bounty hunters. And for any sort of scene/location, I tend to focus most on Jabba's Palace and Hoth.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 06-17-2019 at 04:44 PM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Mostly OT and Disney Era. Heavier focus on OT. Mostly only stuff that I can use in a diorama these days.
    Last edited by DagMarus; 06-18-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

I gave all my hasbro collection to my kids. I collect 1:1 prop replicas and costume pieces. (blasters, lightsabers, helmets). that kind of thing.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast