Thread: (r2d2) repro stickers suck!and not for the reason you might think.

(r2d2) repro stickers suck!and not for the reason you might think.

ok lets get this out of the way first. yes repros are evil they came from the depths of hell yada yada.
    now on to the topic.
    i mentioned before that i put a repro label on my anh r2.
    i also mentioned its really sticky now. now the label is turning yellow.
    next to the still near pristine r2 i played with as a kid that i have had since 1992-94 its pathetic.
    what thoughts do you have? (besides "you shouldnt be using repros they re evil!")
    Last edited by Jadesfire133336b; 06-15-2019 at 12:38 AM.
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

Its your toy, do what you want with it. Do you think that Ford gets bent when someone restores an old Mustang? No, that saves it from the grave yard. Make your R2 Great Again.

The only thing that is even remotely evil is trying to deceive someone who has the intent on purchasing an all original figure with a modified/restored figure. That is not what you are doing, so no sin there.
    Last edited by Cyclone; 06-16-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    Its your toy, do what you want with it. Do you think that Ford gets bent when someone restores an old Mustang? No, that saves it from the grave yard. Make your R2 Great Again.

The only thing that is even remotely evil is trying to deceive someone who has the intent on purchasing an all original figure with a modified/restored figure. That is not what you are going, so no sin there.
    hey thanks i have no intention of ever trying to rip anyone off thats for sure. but does anyone know why the sticker would turn yellow after only about 2 years? is the quality that bad? in the even that the figure itself is sticky i guess its just becuse its old.

most repro makers probably don't have the same type of material science engineering background that some of the people at Kenner would have had. They would have used materials that balanced cost against durability and reactivity with anything a toy may come in contact with (in addition to potential toxicity concerns).

Repro-makers are just buying general purpose sticker paper, printing on it and maybe di-cutting it if you're lucky. You can never beat the quality of industrial tooling and development on the small scale that repro guys deal in

true are there any good sticker sellers i could use? or should i try somthing else