Thread: Who's Your "Guy"?

Who's Your "Guy"?

Greetings everyone.

This weekend, I attended my local comic con (Niagara Falls Comic Con), and ran into many collector friends. There is one I can always count on for certain figures and accessories. Even some very expensive accessories I still get a great deal on (thanks Richard). I got my first Taiwan Fett with gun, a black palace blaster, Warok bow, several Bespin blasters, an orange Yoda snake, the Emperors Cane, and other pieces. All at extremely reasonable prices.

Do you have your guy? The one who finds rare pieces, or always gives you great deals on hard to find figures and accessories? Leave your answers below!

Cheers,
    MasterRizz

Oh yes, I have several guys. A guy for this, a guy for that, and a few other guys for everything in between. Depending on how thick your wallet is you can get a guy to locate just about anything you could ever want.

I need a guy..lol i may have to get a guy guy. ebay is horrid and i used to get vintage stuff here but nobody sells here much.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterRizz View Post
    This weekend, I attended my local comic con (Niagara Falls Comic Con), and ran into many collector friends.
    I was there! (Friday only). Great show, nice venue and some very reasonably priced items on-top of a favorable USD/CAD exchange rate. Meeting Billy Dee Williams and Christopher Lloyd was cool. Christopher Lloyd did show, albeit after 8pm on Friday (he was held up at the border) - but a very polite and funny guy. He stayed until a little after 9pm to finish the autograph line. I'll definitely be back next year.

As for my "guy," can't say that I have one. There are a few people I deal with locally at various shows... I feel like my "guy" is anyone that isn't selling on eBay. I live in a densely populated area so having the luxury of attending shows and physically holding the item while dealing in-person, makes for the best deals/transactions, in my opinion. No eBay fees and cash is always king.
    Last edited by Mike_Z; 06-12-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Unfortunately; I don't have "that guy"; not locally nor online. If I had a guy, his name would be Ebay; and he doesn't always have your best interests at heart, lol. That being said, I've attempted to have a guy both here and elsewhere; but no one ever seems to bite and respond to by posts of what I'm looking to buy.
    "Evacuate? In our moment of triumpth? I think you overestimate their chances!"

Quote Originally Posted by MasterRizz View Post
    This weekend, I attended my local comic con (Niagara Falls Comic Con), and ran into many collector friends. There is one I can always count on for certain figures and accessories.
    Darn, had a chance to possibly go but didn't. Went to Nickle City Con in Buffalo and there was absolutely nothing. Oh, well, one guy did point to Power of the Force 2 stuff when I asked if they had any vintage Star Wars. It technically is almost vintage. Got some nice comics and met a favorite artist of mine, so thatwas certainly good enough!
    Last edited by comicalUser; 06-14-2019 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by comicalUser View Post
    Darn, had a chance to possibly go but didn't. Went to Nickle City Con in Buffalo and there was absolutely nothing. Oh, well, one guy did point to Power of the Force 2 stuff when I asked if they had any vintage Star Wars. It technically is almost vintage. Got some nice comics and met a favorite artist of mine, so thatwas certainly good enough!
    NFCC is always a good con to go to. This year a guy had the prototype Imperial Sniper, and another dude had an unreleased micro collection Bacta Tank C-3PO

I would say my "guy" would be Mike from Mikes Vintage Toys in Franklin Ohio or the owner at "the Toy Dept" in Mason/Westchester/north Cincinnati). The Toy Dept is further away but he has always consistently had higher grade vintage products with the appropriate accessories.

If I wanted to start up again these would be my first visits.

Quote Originally Posted by aaronthebanker View Post
    I would say my "guy" would be Mike from Mikes Vintage Toys in Franklin Ohio or the owner at "the Toy Dept" in Mason/Westchester/north Cincinnati). The Toy Dept is further away but he has always consistently had higher grade vintage products with the appropriate accessories.

If I wanted to start up again these would be my first visits.
    I've followed Mike on instagram for years. He is a pretty good guy. I've only recently started following the Toy Dept. He seems pretty cool too.