Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book

Star Wars The Vintage Collection Archive Edition Book

Back the Book! JTA has posted a link for a new VC book. Its crowdfunded but looks superb. Super excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Simdog View Post
    Back the Book! JTA has posted a link for a new VC book. Its crowdfunded but looks superb. Super excited!
    If there are any other international customers who would consider doing the 4 book backer option - give me a shout as I'd like to jump in too
    W(3.75" SA) Adi Gallia, Ann/Tann, Tonnika Twins, Momaw Nadon, Leia (hood up/down), Leia (Bespin Escape), Lando (Bespin), Lobot, EV-9D9, 8-D8, Leia (Ewok Village), Saelt Marae, Tessek, Ishi-Tib, Grummgar, Bazine, ME-8D9, Leia (General), PZ-4CO, GA-97, Lt Connix, VA Holdo, Rey (training), K-2SO, K-0HN, G2-1B7 (3.75" 5POA) Lars Gonk Droid, Mon Mothma

So, this book... (Mods, make a thread for the book).

Looks like crowdfunding for anything Vintage 3.75 is going to be a slam dunk. This was such a wonderful surprise. I happen to be in the middle of setting up my collection room and wondering what posters go where and there was going to be a gaping hole where my modern collection was until I get this new poster.

Anyway, what do you think the heads of Hasbro are thinking about this and crowdfunding for SW?

I backed the book! The vinyl case looks awesome!
    I hope HASBRO finishes the original 92+ on the Vintage Collection Cards...(approx. 34 needed to complete it, depending on your certain point of view.)

Quote Originally Posted by Simdog View Post
    I’m very curious and it looks like it’ll be great but, ummm, isn’t the TVC still going? I’d feel like it was incomplete I guess since there’s still new stuff coming out that won’t be included in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight07 View Post
    I’m very curious and it looks like it’ll be great but, ummm, isn’t the TVC still going? I’d feel like it was incomplete I guess since there’s still new stuff coming out that won’t be included in the book.
    One of the authors posted on Yakface saying that should the line continue they will release additional volumes rather than just updating the original book and reselling it.

I kind of dig the book but I've got too many other crowdfund type things going on to add another.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    One of the authors posted on Yakface saying that should the line continue they will release additional volumes rather than just updating the original book and reselling it.

I kind of dig the book but I've got too many other crowdfund type things going on to add another.
    Ah. Thanks for that info. I was wondering if they’d do something like that. And what do they mean “if”?!?! Lol.

The book already has passed the $70K mark! Crazy. I don't think there's any doubt we'll see it hit the $100K now. I think my only disappointment, and it has nothing to do with the book itself, is that there were a few great figures in the Shadows of the Force and Black Series era that should have been the Vintage Collection. What I mean is, Hasbro shouldn't have ever stopped the VC line to begin with. It would have been cool to see SA figures that would have been VC-worthy, like the Ewoks set, Torynn Farr, the Snowtrooper Commander, Ceremony Leia, Dagobah Vader and Gold Leader.

Cannot wait to get this book now!
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous/Aunt Beru/Barada/BespEsc Leia/Cane Adiss/Cantina Bnd Mmbr/8D8/EV9D9/Ewk Leia/Fozec/Garouf Lafoe/Lak Sivrak/Lars GNK/Lobot/Momaw Nadon/MonMothma/Motti/Piett/Reegesk/SB Weequay/Shasa Tiel/Sim Aloo/Solomahal/Sy Snootles (puppet)/Taym Drengaren/Tessek/Tzizvvt/Velken Tezari/21B/Wuher/Yerka Mig/Yotts Orren/Yoxgit

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnight07 View Post
    Ah. Thanks for that info. I was wondering if they’d do something like that. And what do they mean “if”?!?! Lol.
    They said "if" lol. I think it's going to continue for awhile.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

This book looks like it will be a beautiful product!
    Last edited by Tulgah; 06-08-2019 at 01:57 AM.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast