Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FS: Darth Vader Promotional Case From Sears Lot Packages Complete Figures

If all checks out, I'm ready to buy (possibly, depending upon what we negotiate down to …. not up to). Please let me know the info, so I can educate myself. I'm not interested in graded things, ones 80 score is anthers 85. I want rare…. and I'm ready to pay gosh darn it!!!
    "It is better to light a small candle then to curse the darkness" ~Confucius
    WTB:any ESB Rebel Soldier Proof card
    Refining my broken English to proper English, *cuz John A. said so

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderT View Post
    For an AFA 85 sure.
    AFA 85+ are much more valuable, being Gold level, and a much more difficult grade.
    The auction I was writing of isn't on Sold items any more, though it was a few weeks ago, due to time likely, however one best offer did just sell for about $1000, as proof.
    Its very good to keep any negative reviews in mind.
    When I sell things I want people to know exactly what they are getting, and I do not try to hide flaws.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AFA-85-Star...EAAOSwpchc5tdF

James:
    You seem pretty angry.
    You also seem to think that 2 pages of people represents everyone.
    You seem to think you know what everyone thinks.

I hate to say it but that was a best offer accepted sale and that was the ask price , not the sold price. Unless the buyer or seller tells us what it sold for we won't know what the price really was. The biggest problem with eBay best offer sales is they don't list the actual sell price.

Where is the info on the Sears promo? Tick-tock. I'm about to go buy something else with my monies

Actually, one can determine the price the item sold at.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...lete=1&_sop=16
    The best offer is shown at the price that it sold for, not where it was priced at. One just compares the price to the others.

Adam: I've got the story from the seller. The seller claims to have talked to two Star Wars experts at a toy convention however he didn't get their names. He says they told him this Vader case promotion was one of five different types of promotion. I am trying to get more information, by posting here, from any knowledgeable person on this site, or others, who know about this case.

For an AFA 85 sure.
    AFA 85+ are much more valuable, being Gold level, and a much more difficult grade.
    The auction I was writing of isn't on Sold items any more, though it was a few weeks ago, due to time likely, however one best offer did just sell for about $1000, as proof.
    Its very good to keep any negative reviews in mind.
    When I sell things I want people to know exactly what they are getting, and I do not try to hide flaws.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AFA-85-Star...EAAOSwpchc5tdF

James:
    You seem pretty angry.
    You also seem to think that 2 pages of people represents everyone.
    You seem to think you know what everyone thinks.

Quite the contrary! I'm not angry until someone loses 10K on a misrepresented piece and leaves the hobby. I've been in this hobby for 30 years and have seen lots of good people lose hard earned money when not doing adequate research. No one is accusing you of hiding flaws, just asking for proof of the values that you've seen, and quoted. Just stating the obvious.

..............and BTW, completed listings stay on ebay for 90 days, 3 years on Watchcount, and 7 years on Worthpoint. Now where did you see those prices at? I'm sure we can find them.

.............and 2 pages of people contradicting you is plenty. I still haven't seen posts backing up the story of how the baggies came to light. I'm sure we can wait for those as well.

Carry on.
    Star Wars stuff is a horrible investment. Star Wars fans are always broke because all they buy is Ramen noodles, peanut butter and Kenny Baker autographs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
    Where is the info on the Sears promo? Tick-tock. I'm about to go buy something else with my monies

LOL!!!!!!!!! This just made my day.
    Star Wars stuff is a horrible investment. Star Wars fans are always broke because all they buy is Ramen noodles, peanut butter and Kenny Baker autographs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_L View Post
    Please post info in regards to this Sears promotional case and/or figures. I cannot seem to find any info, anywhere
    Because he's scamming.

There was a Sear promo but even if this IS it,it has been significantly messed about with and was NEVER worth anything like his prices.
    Got kids? Love a good bedtime story? Then you just might want to purchase my recently released E-book via the Amzon store!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Pet-Monster-differ…/…/ref=sr_1_1…
    Feedback thread is here http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1110792/#post19408522

He PM'ed me the same info he shared above, about someone saying something, about possibly something.

I recommended to him, that he needs to find another Vader production case, and compare that one against the one he owns. Take photos, copywrite info, etc., and share those findings with us. Show and tell ..... it's a useful tool.

Otherwise, if he in fact does have a standard production Vader case (not any special "Sears" promo version) , then he's taking up vital space here in the classified section with a listing that will never sell.

Actually, one can determine the price the item sold at.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...lete=1&_sop=16
    The best offer is shown at the price that it sold for, not where it was priced at. One just compares the price to the others.

Adam: I've got the story from the seller. The seller claims to have talked to two Star Wars experts at a toy convention however he didn't get their names. He says they told him this Vader case promotion was one of five different types of promotion. I am trying to get more information, by posting here, from any knowledgeable person on this site, or others, who know about this case.

You just made my case. Look down in the line you just posted there is a Luke POTF listed sold for $1750 between a $1250 and $1200 Luke. The below that DT Luke listed sold $1300 between a $1200 and $1182 Lukes. Get the picture now . Ebay does not show the actual sold price on Best offers

Is postal money order or Western Union acceptable payment??? I'm standing outside a bodega with 10k in my pocket............
    WTB - Jawa proofs,toltoys Jawa, Jawa prototypes,1st shots, or test shots. feedback
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1114917/#post19488692

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast