Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stormtroopers in The Empire Strikes Back

The original cuts are the only way I watch Star Wars. I absolutely detest those rubbish special editions.

Check out Harmy despecialized fan edits. They're essential. When you see Star Wars without all of the 90's Lucas junk in it, you remember just how fantastic they were in the first place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy%...alized_Edition

I'll never watch the special editions again.

How does one go about acquiring authentic despecialized editions?

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    You'll have to torrent them.
    Thanks, I saw some on ebay but didn't know if they were copies which may be poor quality. Most of them are blue ray that don't work with a ps3 or xbox.

They Shouldn't be on eBay and anyone selling them should be considered dodgy.

These are fan edits and as such, considered fine to share. But, nobody should be selling them. I certainly wouldn't pay money for them.

Quote Originally Posted by CellBlock1138 View Post
    They Shouldn't be on eBay and anyone selling them should be considered dodgy.

These are fan edits and as such, considered fine to share. But, nobody should be selling them. I certainly wouldn't pay money for them.
    That's what I figured. Kind of like seeing those 70's Spider-Man, Captain America tv shows on DVD on ebay. Just burnt copies.

Excluding Snowtroopers, yeah, Cloud City is the first time we see proper Stormtroopers. That being said, in the novelization, the first time they appear is when Vader kills Needa. Two Stormtroopers drag him off instead of two Navy Troopers.
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshmeister View Post
    Excluding Snowtroopers, yeah, Cloud City is the first time we see proper Stormtroopers. That being said, in the novelization, the first time they appear is when Vader kills Needa. Two Stormtroopers drag him off instead of two Navy Troopers.
    Naval troopers where probably the better choice. Not much need to have Stormtroopers on a bridge of a SD.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by toadmeister View Post
    Not much need to have Stormtroopers on a bridge of a SD.
    Tell that to Rebels...
    "I mean, really, how many times will you look under Jabba's manboobs?" - bkusna

Black Series 6" Wish List: Aemon Gremm, Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Gunner, Ponda Baba, Dr. Evazan.

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    It has become somewhat convoluted, hasn't it? I loved Rogue One, but honestly? Way too much convenience as far as NEW ships/troopers that JUST SO HAPPEN to never be seen in the OT. It retroactively makes no sense. I mean I can justify the Death Troopers mostly, they're a super elite and top secret experimental off-shoot. So perhaps they were ONLY used this one time and then funding pulled the plug and the program was cancelled. But like, that new TIE, the other new troopers, the new tank? Then you throw in Solo as well and there's even more! Honestly, if I had my way, they'd have predominately been just regular old Stormtroopers.
    I always assumed the Death Troopers were Krennic's personal guards. Cassian killed two of them, Baze took out the other six, so with Krennic dead, there was no reason for them anymore.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast