Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Widow Movie

Black Widow Movie

Someone can make an official Black Widow Movie thread if they like, but I wanted to discuss how this movie can be successful.

I'm going to put a couple options up there and if you like one or would like to add to that or you would like to give your own suggestion, that's cool.

My thoughts:

1) Black Widow is a prequel that gives us a look at an origin for Natasha Rominoff. I gotta say I'm not very interested in this and I'll tell you why. Atomic Blonde, Red Sparrow, La Femme Nikita, Salt, Aeon Flux, Peppermint, Lara Croft?, Lucy?, Mr. and Mrs. Smith? ...... I mean what will they do to show who she is and what she became that hasn't already been done?

2) Black Widow is set in the midst of the 5 years during the "Snappening". This actually sounds interesting. We could see some of the chaos that took place and give us some scope for what bringing the other half of the human race back means.

3) Black Widow is a set in an alternate timeline where the end of the movie gives us the hope that she could return to the main timeline. I like this option because it doesn't go backwards. I don't have an answer for how she escapes the Soul Stone, but maybe Cap taking back the stone releases her. Maybe it also releases Red Skull and we get him as the bad guy? Any scenario where we aren't getting a 'prequel' is what I would choose.

Whatever they end up doing, I hope they introduce something new. I think introducing something like Latveria would be epically exciting for comic fans. Having her leading a new team in an alternate timeline would be really cool as well. We could see Natasha with Spider-Woman, She Hulk, and Osborne as Iron Man, or even Professor X as a young man. The possibilities of the Multiverse are immense!

Thoughts?
    Last edited by keknivek; 05-31-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

While it is still too early to say, I do feel that this is one Marvel Movie I can live without. Personally I've never been 100% fan of the casting of ScarJo. Don't get me wrong, she did alright. Secondly, I've never been a huge fan of the Character. So from this perspective I have no incentive to go see it, especially if it's the origin story you speak of. It is too reminiscent of Red Sparrow etc. We've essentially already seen her story several times.

Maybe, set just before she joined Shield. The mission where Hawkeye recruits her, though most of us have seen that as well. The alternate reality may have promise. IDK. just doesn't interest me much.
    I like your idea of including Spider-Woman, I'd probably watch to see her on screen. Or some of the other less iconic characters. I definitely would like to see some more involved than just her or Clint.

Do something more like a Spy Thriller on par with James Bond.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Not really a massive Black Widow fan myself so it wouldn't be one i'm dying to see if made, it would be nice for her to have her own film after playing the character in all the MCU films. I'm sure they'd figure out a way to bring her back into the mix. Maybe a Disney+ channel movie or something?

Looks like you guys feel pretty much exactly like I do.

They have to find a new angle. I think it could be worthwhile if it introduces some new recurring characters or gives us a glimpse of something on the horizon. A prequel origin movie just sounds bad.

I enjoy the character, but she's a grounded and predominately subsidiary character. I don't fall for the girl power spiels, she's not a major character...she's simply female. That doesn't mean important. That doesn't make her integral. I never really got the "Give her a solo movie" petitions and rants. Black Widow is a fun character, but count me also in the camp of "What do you even do with a solo Black Widow film?" What truly special and unique can you do? We're just coming off of an intergalactic genocide...and we're going to tell Atomic Blonde? It just doesn't seem that interesting in the scope of things. Maybe it could be her adventure with Hawkeye in Budapest? I def. think there has to be more players than JUST her. Surely Fury, likely Hawkeye, but I mean...does she even really have an archenemy? I think I'd go with Taskmaster! Then I might be sold and excited. I'm sure I'll see it. I'm sure it will even be quality, Marvel always seems to make (usually) quality, but it's not one I'm going to be jumping through hoops to see opening day at THIS point. Not even opening week. I am hoping that will change.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 06-03-2019 at 11:06 AM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    I enjoy the character, but she's a grounded and predominately subsidiary character. I don't fall for the girl power spiels, she's not a major character...she's simply female. That doesn't mean important. That doesn't make her integral. I never really got the "Give her a solo movie" petitions and rants. Black Widow is a fun character, but count me also in the camp of "What do you even do with a solo Black Widow film?" What truly special and unique can you do? We're just coming off of an intergalactic genocide...and we're going to tell Atomic Blonde? It just doesn't seem that interesting in the scope of things. Maybe it could be her adventure with Hawkeye in Budapest? I def. think there has to be more players than JUST her. Surely Fury, likely Hawkeye, but I mean...does she even really have an archenemy? I think I'd go with Taskmaster! Then I might be sold and excited. I'm sure I'll see it. I'm sure it will even be quality, Marvel always seems to make (usually) quality, but it's not one I'm going to be jumping through hoops to see opening day at THIS point. Not even opening week. I am hoping that will change.
    Taskmaster would be introducing a new character that would make things interesting for sure. New characters will be key for Black Widow. It can't just be Widow and Hawkeye. Maybe they show us a team within SHIELD that can have some impact in the future? If you follow SHIELD, you know that Wendell Vaughn (Quasar) was a SHIELD agent. John Walker (US Agent) was a SHIELD agent. Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman), Yelena Belova (second Black Widow), Marvin Flumm (Mentallo), Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird), and even Nick Fury Jr - Marcus Johnson (to get a younger Fury involved) were all a part of SHIELD at some point. ** please bring back Mockingbird**

Throw in Tony Masters (Taskmaster) or any number of other characters that could fit here with a retcon to their backstory and you got a movie in there somewhere. I'm thinking introduce some of Zemo's Masters of Evil as SHIELD agents... Erik Josten (Goliath), Abner Jenkins (Beetle/Mach-I), Paul Ebersol (Fixer), Melissa Gold (Screaming Mimi) or even introduce some random characters like Andreas Von Strucker (Swordsman), Kyle Richmond (Nighthawk), Eric Williams (Grim Reaper), or a Skrull imposter.

As long as they include her sing this song I'm fine with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQpdb3hi_38
    This post was written is the sarcasm font. It looks like a regular font but contains sarcasm.
    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    Taskmaster would be introducing a new character that would make things interesting for sure. New characters will be key for Black Widow. It can't just be Widow and Hawkeye. Maybe they show us a team within SHIELD that can have some impact in the future? If you follow SHIELD, you know that Wendell Vaughn (Quasar) was a SHIELD agent. John Walker (US Agent) was a SHIELD agent. Jessica Drew (Spider-Woman), Yelena Belova (second Black Widow), Marvin Flumm (Mentallo), Bobbi Morse (Mockingbird), and even Nick Fury Jr - Marcus Johnson (to get a younger Fury involved) were all a part of SHIELD at some point. ** please bring back Mockingbird**

Throw in Tony Masters (Taskmaster) or any number of other characters that could fit here with a retcon to their backstory and you got a movie in there somewhere. I'm thinking introduce some of Zemo's Masters of Evil as SHIELD agents... Erik Josten (Goliath), Abner Jenkins (Beetle/Mach-I), Paul Ebersol (Fixer), Melissa Gold (Screaming Mimi) or even introduce some random characters like Andreas Von Strucker (Swordsman), Kyle Richmond (Nighthawk), Eric Williams (Grim Reaper), or a Skrull imposter.
    Here's an idea: her former peers at that apparent school shown in flashback during Age of Ultron...perhaps some of them could be a version of Silver Sable and Yelena Belova. Those two make a LOT of sense. Then like I said, you could totally have Taskmaster be perhaps the leader of the school, a nod to how he ran training classes for supervillain thugs in the comics. I mean Taskmaster's intro is with him LITERALLY being the secret leader of an academy that produces supervillains and henchmen. He's PERFECT for this role! Once Hawkeye comes along and Natasha defects to S.H.I.E.L.D...they'd be AFTER her. Perhaps have Sable, by the end, have a turn of heart and be a potential lead-in for a Spider-Man sequel. Also perhaps show Swordsman as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent sort of master to Hawkeye, someone he studied under like in the comics. And he is either 1. Killed by Taskmaster (hence how he gets his sword and bow and arrow - from a defeated swordsman and hawkeye) or 2. he's a mole in S.H.I.E.L.D. for Taskmaster eluding to Swordsman becoming a villain in the comics. A spy movie certainly needs some betrayal and espionage. And where does all this come to a conclusion? Budapest!
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 06-03-2019 at 05:21 PM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    I never really got the "Give her a solo movie" petitions and rants. Black Widow is a fun character, but count me also in the camp of "What do you even do with a solo Black Widow film?"
    I never got that either. Do those people even know why they were petitioning, or were they simply after more ScarJo on screen? Because I bet you that 90% of them don't know who Black Widow really is, or was before Shield. Is this something Disney would even explore? Seems more like a Fox Rated R outing IMO. I seriously doubt they would be into doing anything that risque.

One problem for me is that she's just another boring powerless Human. I can see this in Bourne, MI, and just about any Spec-Ops movie. I watch Marvel and DC Superhero Movies for exactly that< Superheroes.
    i waited many many years to finally see Superheroes like the X-Men and Avengers take names on the big screen. And I don't think i can go back now.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I never got that either. Do those people even know why they were petitioning, or were they simply after more ScarJo on screen? Because I bet you that 90% of them don't know who Black Widow really is, or was before Shield. Is this something Disney would even explore? Seems more like a Fox Rated R outing IMO. I seriously doubt they would be into doing anything that risque.

One problem for me is that she's just another boring powerless Human. I can see this in Bourne, MI, and just about any Spec-Ops movie. I watch Marvel and DC Superhero Movies for exactly that< Superheroes.
    i waited many many years to finally see Superheroes like the X-Men and Avengers take names on the big screen. And I don't think i can go back now.
    This is why I figure any other superhuman involved in this would make the movie much more interesting. I say have the Black Widow movie introduce a new big bad. Dr. Doom would be number one for me. Just introduce... they don't even have to do much with the character.

I could see Taskmaster as mentioned above as a good counter to her, but I want to see a Thanos-sized threat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast