Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Widow Movie

If she had a Superhuman co-star maybe, but if it's essentially like Winter Soldier. Then Taskmaster should be fine. Having regular human win against a powered being seems like too much. I also feel Doom should be saved for F4. I wouldn't be opposed to a Cameo prior to his transformation, but not the main Villain. I'm not one who thinks every movie needs a planet ending scenario.

Black Widow feels more like a localized threat, with covert missions and subterfuge etc.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    If she had a Superhuman co-star maybe, but if it's essentially like Winter Soldier. Then Taskmaster should be fine. Having regular human win against a powered being seems like too much. I also feel Doom should be saved for F4. I wouldn't be opposed to a Cameo prior to his transformation, but not the main Villain. I'm not one who thinks every movie needs a planet ending scenario.

Black Widow feels more like a localized threat, with covert missions and subterfuge etc.
    I def. agree, I don't think it needs to be Thanos level threats from now on either. In fact, in some ways, I think the wiser move would to become MORE personalized and less mass global threat. I myself would set up Doom as the next "Thanos," I.E: the string-puller. I don't think I'd introduce him in even the second Fantastic Four, I think he requires a build-up. Perhaps in some films I would have the villain of that specific picture being funded by, say, Latverian dignitaries and such. That, of course, being your first hint. I'd have Doom basically playing the mastermind behind the curtain, just waiting and observing and studying...using pawns like more minor supervillains to gain knowledge and information on the heroes of the MCU. I think I'd use Annihilus as the first Fantastic Four film villain, released when Reed opens the Negative Zone. I think I'd also explain the origin of the Fantastic Four as having taken place in the space race of the 60's...and they were lost on their mission. Basically stuck in a Negative Zone void. To them it wasn't long at all, but to the world it was decades. But this transformed them, but Annihilus would also be release. Perhaps also only have some throw-away dialogue referencing a fellow peer student Reed had in college, just subtle referencing Victor.

I've ALSO considered the use of Kang the Conqueror. Now that time travel has been established in the MCU, Kang is another shoo-in character. That's basically his entire shtick. I'd write him as a sort of acolyte tasked with controlling the welfare of space-time. Now that the Avengers tampered with the continuum, his timeline is slowly being destroyed or even erased. In order to save his love, like in the comics, he takes it as a personal mission to punish the Avengers and return his world to the rightful place in time. This is, in ways, the story they told with Kang in the Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes cartoon...in some ways, just I adapted it to the MCU lore. But the REAL mind-F**K is that, in some versions, Kang IS future Doctor Doom or at least a relative. You can REALLY do a lot with this, tie it to contemporary Victor Von Doom, and you have a totally insane but I think fascinating story that could play out.

But yeah, if I had a top three ways to go with this, the three immediate villians that make most sense to me as of right now are Taskmaster, Doom, and Kang.

Also I've seen HEAVY rumors that, my God, they really WILL be FINALLY doing the REAL Mandarin...and he'll be (dun dun duuuuun) Shang-Chi's father in his solo movie.

Another SUPER HEAVY rumor is that at the end of Far From Home, yup, it's Norman Osborne who bought Avengers Tower and it'll obviously be becoming Oscorp. But no idea if that will actually be true.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 06-07-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    I def. agree, I don't think it needs to be Thanos level threats from now on either. In fact, in some ways, I think the wiser move would to become MORE personalized and less mass global threat. I myself would set up Doom as the next "Thanos," I.E: the string-puller. I don't think I'd introduce him in even the second Fantastic Four, I think he requires a build-up. Perhaps in some films I would have the villain of that specific picture being funded by, say, Latverian dignitaries and such. That, of course, being your first hint. I'd have Doom basically playing the mastermind behind the curtain, just waiting and observing and studying...using pawns like more minor supervillains to gain knowledge and information on the heroes of the MCU. I think I'd use Annihilus as the first Fantastic Four film villain, released when Reed opens the Negative Zone. I think I'd also explain the origin of the Fantastic Four as having taken place in the space race of the 60's...and they were lost on their mission. Basically stuck in a Negative Zone void. To them it wasn't long at all, but to the world it was decades. But this transformed them, but Annihilus would also be release. Perhaps also only have some throw-away dialogue referencing a fellow peer student Reed had in college, just subtle referencing Victor.

I've ALSO considered the use of Kang the Conqueror. Now that time travel has been established in the MCU, Kang is another shoo-in character. That's basically his entire shtick. I'd write him as a sort of acolyte tasked with controlling the welfare of space-time. Now that the Avengers tampered with the continuum, his timeline is slowly being destroyed or even erased. In order to save his love, like in the comics, he takes it as a personal mission to punish the Avengers and return his world to the rightful place in time. This is, in ways, the story they told with Kang in the Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes cartoon...in some ways, just I adapted it to the MCU lore. But the REAL mind-F**K is that, in some versions, Kang IS future Doctor Doom or at least a relative. You can REALLY do a lot with this, tie it to contemporary Victor Von Doom, and you have a totally insane but I think fascinating story that could play out.

But yeah, if I had a top three ways to go with this, the three immediate villians that make most sense to me as of right now are Taskmaster, Doom, and Kang.

Also I've seen HEAVY rumors that, my God, they really WILL be FINALLY doing the REAL Mandarin...and he'll be (dun dun duuuuun) Shang-Chi's father in his solo movie.

Another SUPER HEAVY rumor is that at the end of Far From Home, yup, it's Norman Osborne who bought Avengers Tower and it'll obviously be becoming Oscorp. But no idea if that will actually be true.
    I'm thinking Oscorp or Baxter Building...

I honestly don't want the MCU to get too enamored with Time Travel as the plot device. I guess I can handle different dimensions because we then don't have to confront the 'what ifs and well, that now changes this' sort of banter.

I'm just totally down for more characters coming into the universe. I'm itching for more Skrull action and certainly more bit players like Ghost, Valkyrie, Korg, etc.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Yeah I was thinking Avengers tower will become Oscorp or the film version of the Baxter Building too. It's now making rounds in the media that it's basically all but confirmed that Norman is in Far From Home. Now here is MY question about him though. Is he going to go full on Green Goblin or will this version just be a corrupt businessman/iron patriot? I could see them skipping Goblin, but that would totally disappoint me.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    Yeah I was thinking Avengers tower will become Oscorp or the film version of the Baxter Building too. It's now making rounds in the media that it's basically all but confirmed that Norman is in Far From Home. Now here is MY question about him though. Is he going to go full on Green Goblin or will this version just be a corrupt businessman/iron patriot? I could see them skipping Goblin, but that would totally disappoint me.
    It would be hard to have Osborne and not have Green Goblin. I could see them doing something like a Sinister Six with the Goblin and perhaps not even address that Osborne and the Green Goblin are the same. Marvel fans would know, but could be made to wait to see it play out over several movies.

I'd go with Goblin and Mysterio as the leaders and include some we've seen like Scorpion and Vulture with maybe a gender switched Doc Oc or Electro?then throw in Sandman... I think that would be cool. (You know they'll have to get a female in there somewhere)

I think everyone wants a Sinister Six... Black Widow will need some work to be interesting.

Yeah, now that they've introduced time travel. They could just have Kang go back to right after Avenges and alter events, or just before the Snap. Therefore negating several deaths.
    Not that they should, but the option is there if need be should someone want to come back into the fold. Though things like this could get very complicated for the average moviegoer.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

It's funny to think how times have changed. I remember a time when people went into full on PANIC mode if there were more than one (major face-type) villain in Spider-Man movies. Now people want six or potentially even more. Hah! But I think we've reached a time when the writing and source material is taken so much more seriously and far less simply JUST to create mass-produced commercial products (I.E: Batman and Robin and others) that it can be pulled off well. If they can do a massive superhero team like the Avengers and have each be both integral to the team but also all have an individual moment to shine, why not for a villain team too? I mean, really it's been done before anyway in the old X-Men films, but I think the MCU would do it much better. Though I always thought Magneto, Mystique, and Pyro were pretty well done in a team environment, Toad and Sabertooth...not so much.

I don't think it will be 100% THE comic Sinister Six either though. Films always change it up a bit. I can absolutely see Vulture and Scorpion. Though Scorpion hasn't been done yet, he's been set up and it's basic protocol that every movie needs to intro at least one new villain. He'd fit that role. Mysterio will now be in play too. That's another thing more modern comic films do, they tend to more often NOT kill the villain...or rather at least not initially. If my theory is right and he's in Far From Home, could be Chameleon. Everyone seems to be pointing to Osborne coming...but he's more a curiosity to me. While he's never been, from my knowledge, much of a team player per se (Dark Avengers being the exception)...I could kind of see them doing something different with him. What I mean is more so Norman funds the Sinister Six, but doesn't actually JOIN it. But the Hobgoblin HAS been on one iteration of the Six and they're fairly (not entirely) similar characters. Maybe Shocker? Chameleon, Shocker, Scorpion, and even Rhino were the 90's animated series Sinister Six alongside more classic Ock and Mysterio. But the one I really want is Otto. I wouldn't do the gender swap with him. Too iconic and vital to the comic Sinister Six, he is the founder after all. But great counter-argument is (and I can't deny) that there IS a female Ock in the comics. I think he might be skipped though as his story in the new Spider-Man video game was pretty much the stand-out highlights of the game. I think, because I agree a female will be needed, maybe skip Shocker and do Black Cat (who becomes a hero late in the game or perhaps was always a mole in the Sinister Six to begin with) or something? You know, Spider-Man really is severely lacking in the female foes category. Even Black Cat is really, usually, more so an ally. There's really no particularly successful or stand-out female enemies in his rogues, not that there aren't any, but they're all very obscure. Like Shriek, White Rabbit, Scorpia!? Just not really big enough for a flick. As for Kraven, a classic member, well...I think he's just immensely difficult to do seriously. He's basically just a dude who's really good at hunting. Sure he takes potions to enhance his strength, but I don't think he'd make an especially interesting visual film villain. How do you even explain his shtick without it coming off corny? The could go with the Ultimate Kraven idea, where he was like a reality TV star. He's just, IMO, hard to pull off. Then lastly that would leave Sandman and Electro. With Electro, I think he was so poorly done in his own film that they may just want to pull an all-out Green Lantern and not use the character for a long time. For Sandman, I personally don't think so. If that is the equivalent of him in Far From Home (alongside Moltenman and Hydroman) then I've still convinced it's Mysterio tech/hologram and not actually a sentient entity.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 06-11-2019 at 05:29 PM.

I think the "Sonyverse" Spider stuff will likely interfere with what we see in the MCU unfortunately. I wonder what kind of ability the MCU has to do Sinister Six since Sony was originally going to develop this? I understand they are actually filming a Morbius movie and had Black Cat/Silver Sable, Kraven, and even Silk in some level of development.

I'm thinking the MCU has been allowed to use Vulture, Shocker, Scorpion (sort of), Mysterio, and (we think) Chameleon... so ... I don't know if that's enough of a crew to do a Sinister Six?

Kraven, Electro, Doc Ock, and Sandman have been in most iterations of this team. I'd axe Kraven and skip Electro also.

My team would introduce Doc Ock as the leader with Mysterio and Vulture as the Lieutenants. Shocker and Scorpion would be the muscle and throw in a female villain.... not sure who unless we gender swap Doc Ock and use Sandman? Spider-man really doesn't have any good female villains.

There are a lot of rumors out there that center around Norman Osborne. We may be seeing him soon.

Well, apparently I saw a glimpse into the future. Because my idea for the Black Widow movie seems to be EXACTLY what is happening. Taskmaster seems to be the villain due to a leak. Yelena Belova pretty much confirmed. And where is it shooting? Budapest.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast