Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's on your unfinished wish list and what's not

Looking for a nice boxed Vader's Tie, a loose A-wing Pilot, poncho Luke and blue Snags.
    "You don't know the power of the Dark Side"

Quote Originally Posted by jaklits View Post
    Looking for a ... blue Snags.
    One of the managers at my workplace found a Blue Snaggletooth inside a bag of random action figures at a Salvation Army store for $1.50. And this wasn't a long time ago, it was just this year (2019). I'm trying to get him to sell it to me, but he's not willing to part with the figure just yet.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Vintage: Boba Fett on both a Canadian 32 back and a 41b back. (I cannot find any evidence that a 41c exists.) Plus "offerless" U.S. card proofs as a means to show the difference between the two. (These would complete the vintage end of both collections, but I currently do not have the money to make it happen.)

The Vintage Collection: I want, but currently cannot find, is "VC09" Boba Fett (2010) on the third regular/non-foil (no sticker, order form included) release on a Canadian 'The Empire Strikes Back' cardback. (This one is not of high priority, and I do not know if any are still out there, but it would help make my collection feel a bit more complete.)
    Officially retired from anything tied to Star Wars toys since August, 2019.
    Nobody will believe my reasons. Because history says so.
    Officially returned to 2006-2018 TakaraTomy Transformers since September, 2019.
    No real difference. Just nobody telling me to do what I was already doing it.

On my unfinished wish list 12 Back's I need to win the lotto first!

Not on my Wish List=Bootlegs too many to count!

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Scoundrel View Post
    Vintage: Boba Fett on both a Canadian 32 back and a 41b back. (I cannot find any evidence that a 41c exists.) Plus "offerless" U.S. card proofs as a means to show the difference between the two. (These would complete the vintage end of both collections, but I currently do not have the money to make it happen.)

The Vintage Collection: I want, but currently cannot find, is "VC09" Boba Fett (2010) on the third regular/non-foil (no sticker, order form included) release on a Canadian 'The Empire Strikes Back' cardback. (This one is not of high priority, and I do not know if any are still out there, but it would help make my collection feel a bit more complete.)
    I need to update that this is now as outdated as that iPhone you bought three seconds after the newest model was announced. And I have no idea what I want at this time. Because of budget reasons.
    Officially retired from anything tied to Star Wars toys since August, 2019.
    Nobody will believe my reasons. Because history says so.
    Officially returned to 2006-2018 TakaraTomy Transformers since September, 2019.
    No real difference. Just nobody telling me to do what I was already doing it.

I'm hoping they'll re-release Shuttle Tyderium at some point, and not some shrunken-down version. I never saw the Target exclusive version, but before that, I DID have the FAO Schwarz version pre-ordered. Problem was, after months of waiting, finances & space came into play (I was still living at home at the time, & had gone back to college to start a new career), and so I had to cancel my pre-order literally weeks before they shipped. I won't say I'm kicking myself to this day for it, but once in a while it bugs me that it's the only major OT vehicle I don't have (not counting the Barge, which was never going to be mine due to finances & space now).

Lieutenant Commander LikeABossk's Avatar

I sold off most of my collections (except for some favs from the 12-21) a few years ago to pay for knee surgery and also was just thinking it was time to move on. Fast forward and I'm back in it again (of course!). I'm only going for loose figures now (no ships) and I'm not worried about completing the set. Just want everything through ROTJ plus a few last 17 figs that really stand out to me. I'm doubtful that I'll go all in again on Blue snaggletooth, Yak Face, red bar R5 etc. Prices are just too high right now for me to justify it. So bummed I made the decision to sell. I really thought it was the right thing at the time.

I just scored a sensorscope R2 on ebay that completes my figures through ROTJ (except for some weapons). Here's what's on my unfinished list (for now).

Accessories:
    Jawa blaster x2
    B-wing pilot blaster
    AT-ST Driver Blaster
    Tusken Raider gaffi stick x2
    Luke Farmboy lightsaber with tip (mine is broken off)
    Paploo Staff
    Imperial gunner blaster

Complete figures:
    Luke Stormtrooper
    Luke Battle Poncho
    Lando General
    R2 Pop Up Saber

Second Tier (may pick up if i'm not content with the above)
    A-Wing Pilot
    Warok
    Lumat
    Romba
    EV-9D9

Probably won't go after unless I go back to getting everything:
    Yak Face
    Han Carbonite (I just can't stand the look of this one)
    Imperial Dignitary
    Amanaman
    Barada
    Blue Snaggletooth
    Rare Variants
    Last edited by LikeABossk; 08-12-2019 at 10:48 AM.

At this point, I'm close to being done. I need 8D8 and i could have gotten him yesterday, but I passed after getting the Blade Runner and B5 gun kits. I do intend to get him, plus A-Wing pilot, Endor Luke and Stormtrooper Luke. I pre ordered the sail barrage and had to cancel it. I regret not getting two and not selling the one to pay both off. A good Death Star playset would be nice.
    Last edited by lotjx; 08-12-2019 at 04:03 PM.

I bought Hasbro's new Tatooine Skiff last week and it's a VERY well made toy. Almost prop replica quality in its details. I kind of thought that a great modern Skiff would be a satisfying replacement for an authentic, vintage Skiff; but owning this modern version actually makes me want to get my hands on the vintage POTF Tatooine Skiff even more.

That's probably the only "unfinished wish list" item that I'm still actively looking for today. Currently, though, I'm just rebuilding the most important parts of my vintage collection, after selling everything off in 2012.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123