Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How many are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Wtrailer View Post
    ?..Had to have been released on a blister card to fall into the figure category in my eyes.
    Wt
    I like this philosophy. Figures came on cards...well, sometimes baggies first and then cards.

Except Blue Snag, I guess. Hmm... were there any other figures released as "baggied" but never released carded later?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ121 View Post
    It widely depends on what you want to include as "Figures". The POTF card back showed 92. Add Yak Face, that's 93. Blue snag is 94. First version (Non removable limbs) C-3PO, 95. Solid dome R2, 96. Sensor Scope R2, 97.
    This is what I consider a set plus the Rebo Band to make it an even 100.

I generally only count movie figures that were available individually carded, which boils down to 96 figures total. The 92 figures on the back of the POTF card + Yak Face + SW C-3PO + SW R2-D2 + ESB R2-D2 = 96. I don't count variations as separate figures, not even major variations like Blue Snaggletooth. Figures only available in multipacks (like the Rebo Band) or larger packaging because of their larger size (Jabba, Rancor, Dewback, etc.) don't count either.

I also don't count the Droids or Ewoks lines, even though I don't personally have anything against those toys and have a lot of fond memories of the cartoons.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by WangoJango View Post
    That's how I have my display set up, but I also added the Jabba set. I usually just call it an even 100 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post
    96 figures if you include blue snaggletooth
    My number is 99 including the 3 rebo band figures and the original threepio, solid dome R2, and sensorscope R2 that are not pictured on the POTF card back. I go back and forth between this number and 100 if I want to include blue Snag as a different figure and not a variant.

Anything else is accessories (dianoga, crumb, droid factory pile of parts w/ infinite droid combos, etc.) or just variants (different COO's small head and big head Han, blue saber, green saber pale face molded face luke jedi etc).

If people want to count these variants the numbers can go all over the place probably infinitely as slight variations continue to be discovered

IMO of course

Originally Posted by DJ121
    It widely depends on what you want to include as "Figures". The POTF card back showed 92. Add Yak Face, that's 93. Blue snag is 94. First version (Non removable limbs) C-3PO, 95. Solid dome R2, 96. Sensor Scope R2, 97.

Quote Originally Posted by WangoJango View Post
    This. 100% this.

^^Ditto^^ The Holy 100!
    "You just watch yourself, we're wanted men! I have the death sentence on twelve systems!"

I believe the OP was interested in knowing what all is out there from the Kenner days, so including all action figures that were produced would be proper. I find it odd that some people think packaging would negate the action figure status of something released - for example, blue Snaggletooth is a new sculpt, more than a simple deco variation, so its absolutely a new figure. The same goes for the Max Rebo band - those are all separate action figures that were simply released in a multipack - they dont fall into the beast / creature category, like the Rancor does. Droids & Ewoks figures are vintage Kenner as well - it makes sense not to include them if you're only interested in tallying movie figures, but they are Kenner action figures none the less. I think its best to break things down into categories, because personal opinion doesn't negate the reality of certain characters being considered action figures.

I personally count Blue Snaggletooth, the 2 C3P-O variants, the 3 R2-D2 variants, and the 3 Max Rebo band members as distinct figures in the count. I don't count large creatures like Jabba. I personally consider Droids and Ewoks as separate from the main line. But that's just my preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    The same goes for the Max Rebo band - those are all separate action figures that were simply released in a multipack - they dont fall into the beast / creature category, like the Rancor does.
    It even states right on the package: "Action Figure Set."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast