Thread: Swarovski Star Wars collectibles

Swarovski Star Wars collectibles

Swarovski have now got a Star Wars licence for Crystal figurines. So far, they've released R2-D2, BB8, Yoda, Darth Vader, C3-P0 and a Storm Trooper.

The figurines are roughly 12 cms tall. They're pretty expensive at between 89 for BB8 to 350 for the Vader, but I suppose that Crystal is expensive anyway.
    To be honest, i quite like them, but I won't be collecting them. (U
    nless there's a Millennium Falcon released, of course.)

They also have Crystal covered Helmet's too.

These are in the thousands.

I thought that this was interesting enough to post this here. What are your thoughts?

I like R2 and Yoda but at that price, probably not enough to buy. BB8 looks like a disco ball.
    I'm surprised they didn't make one of those crystal foxes from TLJ.

The mini helmet heads are quite nice, but not for the price.
    He's no good to me dead!

Not for me, too kitschy.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Quote Originally Posted by BenObi_70 View Post
    I like R2 and Yoda but at that price, probably not enough to buy. BB8 looks like a disco ball.
    I'm surprised they didn't make one of those crystal foxes from TLJ.
    Ha! I thought about that, then I read your comment. I think it you place it on a motorized turn table and give him the proper lighting, all you'll need would be The Village People music playing in the background for a Disco party.

They are nice for what they are, and I'm sure there will be people interested in this type of collectible. Not for me, though. That said, I can see collectors with a focus on a certain character buying one piece or two to add to their collection.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

I picked up the R2 for my R2 focus and it is really nice. I got mine from eBay for $165 shipped, so less than retail. There are deals to be found if you look.

Mike
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    Looking for SWS.com's Vader's Trap print #14
    Looking for R2 Prototypes MOC's & Cobot too! Also Droids R2 Original Art

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Ritter View Post
    I picked up the R2 for my R2 focus and it is really nice. I got mine from eBay for $165 shipped, so less than retail. There are deals to be found if you look.

Mike
    Congrats on your purchase, Michael. I figured, as I mentioned above, these would be perfect for someone with a collecting focus and the R2 is very unique; something out of the ordinary. Great addition to your collection.

Last edited by LightSword; 05-27-2019 at 04:41 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

I actually have all the figurines. I picked them all up from Amazon when they were on sale. I believe they were all like 50% or something.

Now I normally don't collect anything like this at all but I went ahead and bought them. They actually look really good, pretty hefty and look best when light is applied.

That being said, I have absolutely no where to put these. They are still boxed up right now lol.