Thread: Human skiff guard (enemy skiff) and Palace Human

Human skiff guard (enemy skiff) and Palace Human

So, I think Hasbro will eventually get us all the skiff guards, but in the meantime, thought I'd try my hand with the human guard on the enemy skiff (the one Luke kicks in the face, not Gailid), since I had an extra AT-ST driver and their jumpsuits are pretty close. The belt and harness have extra pouches super-glued onto them, the head is a Stormtrooper with a German WWII helmet (Indy line I think).

Last edited by Daigo_Bah; 06-01-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Man, I do love me some skiff guard custom goodness! Don't hate me, but the one thing I'd maybe change would be the head, I have oodles of that version of the removeable helmet stormie and always feel gyped because I can't use the head because I'm so averse to it. I think it's the same one as removeable helmet Boba Fett and it's the same deal for me on the head with that one too.
    " what is to gain by partaking in a thread that does not concern/interest you. Say I pass and move on it's that simple" MasterFett-Bastila Shan thread-2-14-11

Oh, I completely get it- I've never been a fan of Jango-izing OT Stormtroopers! It just happened to be one that fit the helmet well, and had a skullcap already on for underneath.
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

And here's the typical Bane Malar converted to the red-suited guy actually seen onscreen (I'll need to go back and paint some open collar skin based on on the reference pic):

Last edited by Daigo_Bah; 05-29-2019 at 11:06 PM.

That’s a great figure! Is that a Keyan Farlander head?
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

Thanks, sure is- it was the only spare head I had with enough hair sculpted to partly look like the character! I think I'm going to also paint a little 5 o'clock shadow on his face when I paint the open collar. By the way, in the reference pic at the bottom, does it look like he's holding a staff/vibrolance or rifle? I'm thinking staff.

Edit: here are the pics of the changes made; the open collar is just a slight cut with x-acto blade and some flesh paint, while the beard shadow is just watered down black paint. I also altered the eyebrows slightly.

Last edited by Daigo_Bah; 06-01-2019 at 03:22 PM.

Very nice custom!! Love the red suited palace guard! Crazy how that guy still does not have a name. I have an extra Bane lying around and may try doing my own.

Good job on both as always Daigo!
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous/Aunt Beru/Barada/BespEsc Leia/Cane Adiss/Cantina Bnd Mmbr/8D8/EV9D9/Ewk Leia/Fozec/Garouf Lafoe/Lak Sivrak/Lars GNK/Lobot/Momaw Nadon/MonMothma/Motti/Piett/Reegesk/SB Weequay/Shasa Tiel/Sim Aloo/Solomahal/Sy Snootles (puppet)/Taym Drengaren/Tessek/Tzizvvt/Velken Tezari/21B/Wuher/Yerka Mig/Yotts Orren/Yoxgit

Wonderful owrk. Thanks for all the great pics.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

These look great! Really nice work!

It looks like he’s holding a staff to me.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch