Thread: SOLO: Battle of Mimban

SOLO: Battle of Mimban

As soon as Hasbro released the last Solo figures including Beckett, Val, Mudtroopers and Mimban stormtroopers I decided to make a playset of the Mimban trenches.
    I bought a vintage Hoth playset base and painted it in grey.
    I made also a few customs (Beckett, Val, Mudtrooper with Ammo pouch, Stormtrooper with shoulder strap) to populate the playset.

Rebelscum Reporter for France
    stephane@rebelscum.com

Always looking for errors, variations of POTF2 European cards and POTF2 stormtroopers

Great job, and what a fantastic way to repurpose that old playset!

Great idea! Looks terrific!
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Wow, this is so sweet! I love how you were able to take the Hoth set and re-purpose it so effectively. It really captures the location from the movie, and it's great to see some Solo customs on here!

Great work on the figures and the playset. Wonderful idea and I hope Hasbro gives us more TVC Momban figures in the near future.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Nicely done! This is such a great idea and brilliantly executed.

Looks great!
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

I finished Val and Rio Durant.

Rebelscum Reporter for France
    stephane@rebelscum.com

Always looking for errors, variations of POTF2 European cards and POTF2 stormtroopers

I've been thinking about doing something similar. Do you mind me asking what kind of paints you used to get such a great stone look? Did you spraypaint the base first and then addd highlights?

Brilliantly done sir!