Thread: Has anyone successfully removed a"Retro Collection" sticker from a card front w/o damage?

Lieutenant Commander

Has anyone successfully removed a"Retro Collection" sticker from a card front w/o damage?

Starting to get my Retro Collection figures in from Target and I realized the "RETRO COLLECTION" on the front is a sticker. First attempt to remove it damaged the artwork.

Anyone had luck getting this sticker off without damage? Would love some help.

Freaking Hasbro. Make the stupid thing a sticker but also make it hard to remove. FFS.

I tried to carefully pull off one from my opened Tarkin just to see if I could do it. I got most of it off, but lost a part of the picture in the center of the sticker. I hear lighter fluid works, but not sure if it would cause any long term damage to the card stock.
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Quote Originally Posted by corellianvette View Post
    Starting to get my Retro Collection figures in from Target and I realized the "RETRO COLLECTION" on the front is a sticker. First attempt to remove it damaged the artwork.

Anyone had luck getting this sticker off without damage? Would love some help.

Freaking Hasbro. Make the stupid thing a sticker but also make it hard to remove. FFS.
    The most detailed way to do it in pictures and writing is here:

https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1141658&p=20180837&viewfull=1#pos t20180837
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 05-17-2019 at 10:54 PM.
    Sith Apprentice
    My Trading Feedback

I wonder if the mods need to start a Hasbro Retro Collection section, over in the modern forums, and relocate all of these threads over there. As much as I like participating in these discussions, I understand that they don't really belong here in the vintage section.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I wonder if the mods need to start a Hasbro Retro Collection section, over in the modern forums, and relocate all of these threads over there. As much as I like participating in these discussions, I understand that they don't really belong here in the vintage section.
    I have to flip back and forth between the vintage section and the vintage collection section to find conversations on them. I agree, a retro thread in the modern section would be ideal and probably promote more conversation