Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Batman (June 25th,2021)

if they try a new "Vampire" angle for Batman then it might work.

(are "Vampire Bats" still a thing..? do vampires turn into bats..? or did that only happen in Bugs Bunny cartoons?)
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 05-19-2019 at 08:59 AM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

If they use him as Batman then it is a cartoon.

I need picture him in the role, using a younger actor means he could stick around longer if his good in the role. I'm kind of getting over all the different actors who play the role.

I think Idris Elba should play batman. dude can do anything.
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 05-19-2019 at 06:05 PM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

While I think that Elba could probably play that role, I feel like the internet would totally break if he was cast.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

I just don't get it, and apparently neither does WB/DC...

They hit it on the nose for a couple Movies, then totally blow it with others. Who in their right mind though he was a good choice for Batman?

Or is he perhaps Batman Beyond's Terry Mcguinnes?
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

My gut instinct on this was an immediate panic. I only know Robert from Twilight and his bit role in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. So at first I was vocally anti-Pattenson. But a lot of people gave me recommendations to his other work and even interviews where he isn't even subtle about his hatred for the Twilight franchise. He kind of got smeared by that. But I checked him out, gave him a shot in some of his more Indie or arthouse work, and I can sincerely say...he is talented. I jumped the gun, just wasn't especially familiar with him. So I'm willing to give him a shot. I can't see how he could be any worse than Affleck. Then again, to be honest, I take even that back. I don't think Affleck is to blame, I think the writing was.

My issue? Is this part of the DCCU? Or is this like Joker? It's own thing? Because honestly, I'd MUCH prefer this to have noooooooooooothing to do with the other DC film continuity.
    Last edited by MysterioMaximus; 06-07-2019 at 08:33 PM.
    'But I don’t want to go among mad people,’ Alice remarked. ‘Oh, you can’t help that,’ said the Cat: ‘We’re all mad here. I’m mad, you’re mad.’ ‘How do you know I’m mad?’ said Alice. ‘You must be,’ said the Cat, ‘or you wouldn’t have come here.’ - Lewis Carroll 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'

as Kevin Smith said, you're not casting Batman. You're casting Bruce Wayne.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    I just don't get it, and apparently neither does WB/DC...

They hit it on the nose for a couple Movies, then totally blow it with others. Who in their right mind though he was a good choice for Batman?

wb doesn't care about making a great film franchise, they showed a little bit of potential but they blew it - like the first WW was for me at least a decent film but others haven't been as good. The DCU should be reset if the same actors want to stay on board otherwise newer projects should distance themselves from the garbage that we've seen over the last few years.

We have to give him a chance though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast