Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you store your MOC?

How do you store your MOC?

My MOC collection is starting to grow and I don't have a place yet to display them so I need better storage. I just ordered a plastic comic book bin for now. Was thinking about a standard cardboard comic bin but was concerned that it could get crushed if it was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I like the idea of flipping through the figures like you would comics in the bin. How do you store yours?
    Wt

Many years ago my father in-law helped me build shelves in a closet. I put them all in acrylic cases and then on the shelves. Before that, I had them in Star cases tacked up on the wall.
    Last edited by Kenner76; 05-14-2019 at 05:47 AM.
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner76 View Post
    Many years ago my father in-law helped me build shelves in a closet. I put them all in acrylic cases and then on the shelves. Before that, I had them in Star cases tacked up on the wall.
    That looks nice! Eventually I'd like a display like that.
    Last edited by Wtrailer; 05-14-2019 at 08:14 AM.

I keep mine in formaldehyde to preserve them for longevity. Prevents yellowing of the blisters. hahaha. J/K. The handful that I do have I display intermittently with my loose run of vintage figures. The others that I don't have space for are kept in a bin, sort of like you're talking about. I'd love to have them all out where I can see them, but it's also nice to grab a beer on a Saturday night and thumb through the bin. Sort of like Christmas whenever I want. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    I keep mine in formaldehyde to preserve them for longevity. Prevents yellowing of the blisters. hahaha. J/K. The handful that I do have I display intermittently with my loose run of vintage figures. The others that I don't have space for are kept in a bin, sort of like you're talking about. I'd love to have them all out where I can see them, but it's also nice to grab a beer on a Saturday night and thumb through the bin. Sort of like Christmas whenever I want. hahaha
    What kind of bin do you use? I just picked up this bin hoping it does the trick https://www.bcwsupplies.com/short-comic-book-bin
    Last edited by Wtrailer; 05-14-2019 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wtrailer View Post
    What kind of bin do you use? I just picked up this bin hoping it does the trick https://www.bcwsupplies.com/short-comic-book-bin
    That's a nice bin for sure. I just use a basic storage bin and layer them so that they don't bend. More important than the actual bin is the temperature and humidity they are stored in.

mine are just piled in a couple of big deep plastic tubs in the closet. i layer them much like wampa described but in the end potf2 seems to be worthless for the most part so it dosent matter much
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

Be careful using plastic bins. I had all my figures stored in individual baggies stored in a plastic shoe box. All the air was trapped and my figures needed a soapy bath. I am now using baggies however, I'm not zipping them. I'm folding the tops and used tape to seal the baggie so air escapes. Also not closing the top of the plastic totes. Air is our friend.

UV bad
    Air good
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

ProTech Starcases, but mine are all high-quality recards. Except for my recarded Droids Boba Fett, that one is in an acrylic case that the seller was nice enough to provide. That one I treat especially well (grail figure).

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post
    Be careful using plastic bins. I had all my figures stored in individual baggies stored in a plastic shoe box. All the air was trapped and my figures needed a soapy bath. I am now using baggies however, I'm not zipping them. I'm folding the tops and used tape to seal the baggie so air escapes. Also not closing the top of the plastic totes. Air is our friend.

UV bad
    Air good
    I've noticed that. Wonder how it will affect the graded figures trapped in the acrylic cases.
    Wt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast