Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Compatible with 3.75”!

Compatible with 3.75”!

These are either vintage lines in classic 3.75”, or pieces from other lines that could fit with 3.75”. I only collect 3.75”, but will deviate if the fig has the right scale appeal. For this thread, we should try to stick with 1990 or before. Post away!
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

These Tomland guys are from 1978. They were actually competing with Star Wars at exactly the same time Kenner released their first guys. They are called Starroid Raiders, and have some cantina-style goodness. They are usually between $50-$80 per piece, depending on condition (and chest sticker). They need a blaster (which are usually a neon color) to be complete.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 05-14-2019 at 01:54 AM.

You gotta love the old Galoob Star Trek figs from 1987 and 1988, coinciding with the first season of TNG. These rare 2nd-Series aliens fit well in the background of a cantina. My favorite is Q, in his weird first-appearance Continuum clothes.

This is the Boray figure from the original Battlestar Galactica, circa 1978 (another 3.75” scale fig from that year). The main characters were articulated like GI Joes (with o-ring style midsections and screwed-in limbs). But some of these backgrounders were given a kind of sophisticated salt-and-pepper style. This pig-faced fellow works in any space cantina.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 05-14-2019 at 03:28 AM.

I always loved the old Thundercats, but was a little turned off by their scale. Also, their aesthetic doesn’t fit too well with Star Wars. But old Slythe here could work as a huge alien type. I love his design.

Give him a giant gun instead of a giant axe, and he might work even better.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 05-14-2019 at 03:32 AM.

Back in the ‘80s, one could find Star Wars rip offs (or at least stuff capitalizing on the sci-fi trend) in any form at any price. These guys (whose sculpt is probably still used somewhere) came out of a gumball machine, probably about thirty years ago. They are made of rubber, and only sometimes stand up (they were unbelievably well-behaved while posing for this picture). They work well as spaceport types. I put a vest on one.

Here is the evil Talon from the ‘80s line Steel Monsters. They came with Mad Max type custom bikes with chrome guns and stuff. They were capitalizing on the trucker craze and fantasy/sci-fi craze at the same time. They almost still work as cantina patrons!

there's also Mego Flash Gordon
    Tri Star MASH
    Tron
    G.I. Joe
    Bionic Six
    Robotech
    Galoob A-Team
    Takara Microman
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Twitter: @SWChamp
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1055416/

Adventure people line (Vintage SW fit with most of the vehicles)
    BattleStar Galactica
    dungeons and dragons & a few knock off stuff scaled well.
    The Saga of Crystar, Crystal Warrior

90s
    Batman did not scale well but the Bat cave does.

I suspect there is a website for this info

http://118archive.com/archive.php
    Last edited by VideoViper; 05-15-2019 at 09:59 AM.
    This post was written is the sarcasm font. It looks like a regular font but contains sarcasm.
    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast