Thread: 75243 Slave I - 20th Anniversary Edition

75243 Slave I - 20th Anniversary Edition

Celebrate the 20th anniversary of LEGO® Star Wars™ playsets with this detailed reinterpretation of Boba Fett’s classic Slave I. This iconic 75243 LEGO Star Wars starship is the most detailed version to date with features such as a self-leveling cockpit seat and side wings, a carry handle for easy transport and trigger-fired spring-loaded shooters. This amazing LEGO Star Wars collectible construction toy also includes a closing rear hatch to store the Han Solo in Carbonite element and 4 LEGO Star Wars minifigures, plus a bonus Princess Leia minifigure and display stand with 20th anniversary logo to mark this momentous milestone in the history of LEGO Star Wars sets.

• Includes 4 LEGO® Star Wars™ minifigures: Boba Fett, Han Solo, Zuckuss and 4-LOM, plus a bonus 20th anniversary Princess Leia minifigure with display stand.
    • Slave I LEGO® Star Wars™ set features a detachable cockpit canopy with space for a minifigure inside, a self-leveling cockpit seat and side wings, a carry handle, separate triggers for the 2 spring-loaded shooters, rotating guns and a closing rear hatch to store the Han Solo in Carbonite element.
    • Weapons include 3 blasters, Han Solo's blaster pistol and Princess Leia’s original blaster pistol for creative play.
    • Princess Leia minifigure is a faithful representation of the original version from 2000 and includes a 20th anniversary logo.
    • New-for-April-2019 details include a new molded head for Zuckuss and left/right angled stone 3x3 elements.
    • Connect the LEGO® Star Wars™ 20th anniversary minifigure display stands for the perfect centerpiece.
    • This building toy makes a great LEGO® Star Wars™ gift for builders aged 9 and above.
    • Slave I construction toy measures over 5” (13cm) high, 11” (29cm) long and 12” (31cm) wide.

This 20th Anniversary Edition 75243 Slave I is available at LEGO shop@home online and brand store, priced US$119.99 / CA$159.99 / DE€119.99 / GB£109.99/ FR€129.99 / AU$189.99, as well as Target, Walmart and Amazon.
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

This is the third version I've had of Slave I, though I never got the UCS one. I was not happy with the others and ended up selling them long ago, so I was a bit excited to be able to add Fett's ship back to my little Lego fleet.

It's incredibly sturdy, and HEAVY. The first four bags or so are mostly dedicated to the ship's "base," with the other four containing the superstructure. The handle works beautifully, but it can be grasped by the "fuselage" just as easily. It was a very interesting build, relying heavily on technic parts.

I guess my only real gripe (aside from the price, which is a given) is that the cockpit canopy is not hinged. I wish they could have worked that out, because one has to completely remove the canopy to add or remove Fett in the pilot's seat.

It looks great! I can't say that it's worth full MSRP, but I can't say that about most Lego Star Wars sets, either.
    Black Series Most Wanted:
    BODHI ROOK, SAW GERERRA, MOROFF, PAO, ADMIRAL RADDUS, PONDA BABA, DR. EVAZAN
    MOMAW NADON (HAMMERHEAD), YODA (RESCULPT!), BIB FORTUNA, REE-YEES
    WICKET W. WARRICK, LOGRAY, ADMIRAL ACKBAR (ROTJ), COUNT DOOKU, AAYLA SECURA, KI-ADI MUNDI

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    This is the third version I've had of Slave I, though I never got the UCS one. I was not happy with the others and ended up selling them long ago, so I was a bit excited to be able to add Fett's ship back to my little Lego fleet.

It's incredibly sturdy, and HEAVY. The first four bags or so are mostly dedicated to the ship's "base," with the other four containing the superstructure. The handle works beautifully, but it can be grasped by the "fuselage" just as easily. It was a very interesting build, relying heavily on technic parts.

I guess my only real gripe (aside from the price, which is a given) is that the cockpit canopy is not hinged. I wish they could have worked that out, because one has to completely remove the canopy to add or remove Fett in the pilot's seat.

It looks great! I can't say that it's worth full MSRP, but I can't say that about most Lego Star Wars sets, either.
    Thanks for the review. I don't really "need" it, either...but it would be the only 20th anniversary set that I don't pick up.

I am not a Lego collector, but I bought it......nice!
    "Ke nu'jurkadir sha mando'ade"