Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New vader prototype

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance please.

I'm not a modern collector so I don't really follow retail formats.

If I'm reading threads correct , this will be available later on down the line and may even end up as peg warmers.
    So, it's just the initial releases that are hard to get a hold of, is this correct ?
    I know this retro line is a modern version of classic vintage... I am complaining about modern vintage, retro, etc. The fact is unlike when classic vintage was at retail and even the modern vintage 2010 version... you could find much of the collection at retail brick and mortar… now they make so many exclusives TARGET, WALMART, CONVENTIONS, ETC... collecting it becoming very difficult... if you can't find it online... you probably will have a hard time finding it.

Also I never saw the initial release of the retro line at target... who know if it will ever show up again?
    Last edited by Wookiee_Smuggler; 07-21-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Yeah, all this is new for me.

I did buy the game online from target, found my 6 at target on the release date but they only had 2 boxes. I could have easily bought both, but I'm not that way.

I'm hoping these will be available at some point.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

The only retro figure I have been able to acquire is the Tarkin in the board game... ordered it from Target-com.... I did see some on the shelves, probably because if I remember correctly, they were stocked with the games instead of being with the other Star Wars figures.

I think all that's confirmed right now is the pre-sale date. I don't believe there is a concrete confirmation that these will be available again either online or in stores. It could just be the first wave of them, but with Hasbro who knows. I'm sure whatever conversations are going on in their corporate offices makes sense to them.

You would think that Target would want to have a supply to meet demand considering they were exclusive to Target.

Ok, I signed up for the target notification and I got one this morning at 4 am. I went to the site around 7 and they were gone again .

I called customer service to see what was going on and she said they went very quickly. She also said more are coming in.

Just keep checking.

What a P.I.T.A.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    I think all that's confirmed right now is the pre-sale date. I don't believe there is a concrete confirmation that these will be available again either online or in stores. It could just be the first wave of them, but with Hasbro who knows. I'm sure whatever conversations are going on in their corporate offices makes sense to them.
    These aren't presale. They have them and they are already shipping.

According to target.

I jave a feeling that fresh stock appears periodically. It happened with the retros.

Well, if anyone gets lucky and feels like grabbing a extra, I would buy it.

I can do the same if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post
    Ok, I signed up for the target notification and I got one this morning at 4 am. I went to the site around 7 and they were gone again .

I called customer service to see what was going on and she said they went very quickly. She also said more are coming in.

Just keep checking.

What a P.I.T.A.
    Interestingly, I had also signed up for in-stock notification. I happened to wake up at 4:05am EST, I checked the time on my phone and at that moment got the in stock notice. Bleary eyed I stumbled my way through an order for two. If I had been a little more alert I would have grabbed some extras for others here but I wasn't exactly firing on all cylinders. It wasn't until I got up at 7:15 that I realized I didn't even remember how much they had cost.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast