Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New vader prototype

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post
    I am interested in these because I feel it's part of the retro line. Has anyone seen the back of the card art work.

I'm hoping for some spoilers for the retro line soon, and hopefully in the next week or so with SDCC coming up.

I can't imagine this will have any info about other Retro figures on the back. I'm sure it will be a description of why they did this, and what it represents. I'm on the fence about buying it.... but I might try to get one or two. I had been curious of we would see such variants as a figure coming in all one color. According to that interview, solid colors won't happen. But I would kind of like to see one with a pair of arms or legs the same color.

Target listed it on their site:

https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-d...t/-/A-76167105

It is just a coming soon page, but you can check it periodically or if you hear something you can pre-order easier!

EDIT: oops did not someone already posted this! I always click on the "Got to first new post" link on the main forum section page, and for whatever reason, it took me past unread messages!
    Last edited by comicalUser; 07-16-2019 at 01:58 PM.

Anyone able to pre-order this? I set my alarm for every hour starting at midnight only to find it was sold out around 3 AM CST. Unbelievable. I guess I'll have to hit the stores on 8/2.
    Last edited by Wtrailer; 07-21-2019 at 07:44 AM.

No luck either.

Started hitting the page at midnight, then 1 o'clock. Woke up at 6 and they were gone.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post
    No luck either.

Started hitting the page at midnight, then 1 o'clock. Woke up at 6 and they were gone.
    Same story here.

Can anyone confirm these actually went in-stock?

I watched and waited. Then they were sold out. That's all I can confirm.

Scalpers are buying these up and they're going to auction. They should of had a 1 figure per customer to slow it down.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

As I stated in another forum thread I was watching this item after midnight est. on internet and phone. Around 3 am I went to check again and it showed coming soon... then after refreshing about 3:07 am est it showed out of stock... I never saw it go in stock... Either they were all bought up by a few people or a computer with a program running bought entire stock... this is ridiculous.... I don't know why people complain about Hasbro not showing new product as convention... they can't get ANY NEW PRODUCT TO RETAIL... NONE …. NONE AT ALL... Stuff from first wave of vintage collection is still on shelves at WALMART, MEIJER, TARGET, ETC... Star Wars Collecting is being destroyed by Hasbro's Retail approach.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookiee_Smuggler View Post
    As I stated in another forum thread I was watching this item after midnight est. on internet and phone. Around 3 am I went to check again and it showed coming soon... then after refreshing about 3:07 am est it showed out of stock... I never saw it go in stock... Either they were all bought up by a few people or a computer with a program running bought entire stock... this is ridiculous.... I don't know why people complain about Hasbro not showing new product as convention... they can't get ANY NEW PRODUCT TO RETAIL... NONE …. NONE AT ALL... Stuff from first wave of vintage collection is still on shelves at WALMART, MEIJER, TARGET, ETC... Star Wars Collecting is being destroyed by Hasbro's Retail approach.
    Forgive my ignorance please.

I'm not a modern collector so I don't really follow retail formats.

If I'm reading threads correct , this will be available later on down the line and may even end up as peg warmers.
    So, it's just the initial releases that are hard to get a hold of, is this correct ?

They'll be available at retail (Target), after first being online - just like the Retro collection. I'm surprised people are getting worked up, simply don't purchase them from scalpers and be patient, you'll most likely find it at Target. I agree there should have been a limit of 2 per customer, just like at Hasbro Pulse. When Hasbro realizes the demand though, they'll likely allow more to be released via online fan channels. Retro was on Targets website, then Target stores, now its going to EE. Hasbro would be foolish not to sell as many as demand permits.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast