Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New vader prototype

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    Yes, but its unofficial - if the conspiracy theorist fans got wind, we'd never hear the end of it, and how KK is pushing an agenda, lol.

Its a shame these wont be on pegs, I think a number of collectors would probably prefer to pick the color distribution for themselves, rather than leaving it to chance. With so many combinations, you can order a dozen, and end up with twelve different color arrangements.
    I've read conflicting reports, but it supposedly will be exclusive to Target's pegs.

I personally have no interest in this. The Retro Collection reproductions I was initially excited about, they were never at my local Target and my interest is now near zero. Did manage to get Tarkin though. Looks much better in person.

Quote Originally Posted by comicalUser View Post
    I've read conflicting reports, but it supposedly will be exclusive to Target's pegs.

I personally have no interest in this. The Retro Collection reproductions I was initially excited about, they were never at my local Target and my interest is now near zero. Did manage to get Tarkin though. Looks much better in person.

I feel my interest waning in the retro line for the reason you just stated. Never saw them at the stores other then Tarkin who was really the only one I really wanted anyways. To me the only reason I would want to see the retro line continue is for the production of vintage style figures we've not seen before, like Tarkin.

If I saw this "prototype" vader on the pegs at any store my initial feeling would be that yes this is cool and I should own this. But my next feeling would be telling myself that I don't have to own everything vintage star wars related and I'm ok with that. I would probably pass on the figure unless it had some other interesting card art appeal and I could pay around $5 for it. I don't see myself spending $10 or more on this or a retro figure (unless it's Tarkin or another unproduced character).

Quote Originally Posted by comicalUser View Post

Hmm...haven't seen a mention of a retail presence at Target, only their website - it will be interesting if it makes it to stores, but I'm not sure thats something they tend to allow with SDCC exclusives, they're usually limited to online ordering. I'm honestly a bit surprised they arent restricted to Hasbro Pulse, perhaps Target is emerging as the lead retail partner.

perhaps Target is emerging as the lead retail partner.

I hope so. They need something to fill all those empty and depressing pegs with. Maybe Target is auditioning for Hasbro and demonstrating that they have space to fill. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    It's not that I'm uncomfortable with it. Far from it in fact. It's more I don't know why you have to draw that connection other then it's multi colored. Is it stated somewhere that this Vader is in fact tied to the LGBT community? If not, it just seems like your trolling for a bite.
    And those that would bite are the ones who do have a problem with it.
    The Spirit of Vengeance that detects and eradicates the menace of Toxic Fandom

I am because there are those that employ unmitigated vitriol towards the PT/ST to mask their racism, sexism and predatory nature. There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?

Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    And those that would bite are the ones who do have a problem with it.
    Waggy, and everyone else, don't poke the bear. There is no ulterior motive or hidden Disney agenda. There is no conspiracy or whatever. It is Hasbro having fun with their items and producing something fun. It is meant to mimic first shots. And if you know anything about first shots, they can come in multiple non production colors and the wilder they are the more sought after.

If anyone is here to start politicizing anything, or badmouthing anyone based on their orientation, race or whatever, you will be banned immediately with no chance to plead your case. We will not stand for that here and won't have you part of this community. SW is for all.

Consider this a fair warning.

Mike
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    Looking for SWS.com's Vader's Trap print #14
    Looking for R2 Prototypes MOC's & Cobot too! Also Droids R2 Original Art

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Ritter View Post
    Waggy, and everyone else, don't poke the bear. There is no ulterior motive or hidden Disney agenda. There is no conspiracy or whatever. It is Hasbro having fun with their items and producing something fun. It is meant to mimic first shots. And if you know anything about first shots, they can come in multiple non production colors and the wilder they are the more sought after.

If anyone is here to start politicizing anything, or badmouthing anyone based on their orientation, race or whatever, you will be banned immediately with no chance to plead your case. We will not stand for that here and won't have you part of this community. SW is for all.

Consider this a fair warning.

Mike
    I appreciate that you're looking out for everyone, all mods should do that.
    I have to respond though, because no one even hinted at disparaging anyone. Waggy said he'd support it - I would too for that matter. If they released an exclusive that helped an LGBT charity, I'd buy multiples. My comment about a conspiracy theory was clearly sarcasm because there are fans out there that believe that nonsense. Having formerly modded on this website for years, I've stepped in when there was actual bigotry - that's not the case here. I am a staunch supporter of equality.

I appreciate that you're looking out for everyone, all mods should do that.
    I have to respond though, because no one even hinted at disparaging anyone. Waggy said he'd support it - I would too for that matter. If they released an exclusive that helped an LGBT charity, I'd buy multiples. My comment about a conspiracy theory was clearly sarcasm because there are fans out there that believe that nonsense. Having formerly modded on this website for years, I've stepped in when there was actual bigotry - that's not the case here. I am a staunch supporter of equality.
    I wasn't directing it towards anyone in particular, just trying to head anything off before someone did. Once someone posts, it is very easy for someone else to respond and it soon becomes a very slippery slope. And there are some that like to poke the bear and try to get things started. I just wanted everyone to know our (my) stance and also show us moderators are still here watching, quietly. Thanks!

Mike
    "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    Looking for SWS.com's Vader's Trap print #14
    Looking for R2 Prototypes MOC's & Cobot too! Also Droids R2 Original Art

I mentioned it because it does resemble the rainbow colours of the flag I suppose and SW is very political. But given today’s toxic political climate in the USA I understand why mods want to steer clear of this on this forum. Strange since SW has always been very open minded and progressive according to GL.
    The Spirit of Vengeance that detects and eradicates the menace of Toxic Fandom

I am because there are those that employ unmitigated vitriol towards the PT/ST to mask their racism, sexism and predatory nature. There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?

So, back to topic.

Anyone hear anything on target.com pre orders yet.

I did read the entertainment earth would put these up after the SDCC release. I also signed up on the site commercial posted.

I would love to get atleast 1 of these if possible. If they have multiple versions of these, maybe 2.

Ebay is selling these and they are selling high. No surprise seeing how the " I want it now people" will always spend.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast