Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Parting out a Y-Wing

I need a strut and the top gun...they are holding me back from buying an incomplete one locally...but cant bear to spend 35 bucks for that top gun.

What are these going for now, complete and working?

When I bought mine, loose complete working averaged about 60 bucks

I love that ship!
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post

I love that ship!
    I paid $82 for mine a few weeks ago on ebay. Box, empty sticker sheet and instructions included. It was missing a strut and one front gun. I also picked up a front gun for $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadesfire133336b View Post
    do you have the bomb? thats all i need for mine and on ebay it goes for like 30 to 35$ for both haves. i only took mine apart to fix the motor. those struts do indeed cost 10$ each with full assemblys going for about 50$
    I've got a bomb with my complete one, but the only thing missing on the one I'm parting out is the bomb sadly. Those things can fetch some good money if you can get an original. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by StarFin View Post
    I'm kind of torn on parting out vehicles. On one hand people need parts (like me). On the other it just feels like a lot of parts, mostly the main bodies, will be abandoned forever sadly. If I buy a incomplete vehicle for parts, I usually just keep it around until I gradually see cheap parts to restore it. I also usually never sell them at a low enough price where someone may part it out again, just for the hopes someone will keep it. As to the Y-Wing, I need one strut to complete mine.

Yeah I hear ya for sure. For me it's a win win. I can part out a working Y-wing to people who need the parts and when I get down to just the hull of the ship, because it's still working, I can pass it off for $15 for someone who wants to do a build. I've got a buddy that buys up snowspeeder hulls and parts all the time because he just likes building and playing around with them. Different strokes for different folks. It takes more time, but you can make more money parting out certain ships too. This working Y-wing, complete other than the bomb, would sell for somewhere in the neighborhood of $75. When I part it out it'll all sell for somewhere in the $100-$120 range. It's more time for a little more money, but I like messing around with this stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by toyman941 View Post

I love that ship!
    They're getting a little crazy lately. I've seen them going on the IC for anywhere from $100-$125 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotscomb View Post
    I need a strut and the top gun...they are holding me back from buying an incomplete one locally...but cant bear to spend 35 bucks for that top gun.

I'll let you know when I get it parted out. I'm planning on listing the parts below the average ebay price so they move quicker.

I think the only downfall to the Y wing is if you need to take it apart for repair the stickers cover the crease. So you will have to cut them to open it up. Everything works on mine but there is something rattling around inside. It might be a part of the landing gear but it works good enough that I'm just going to leave it be.

Quote Originally Posted by StarFin View Post
    I think the only downfall to the Y wing is if you need to take it apart for repair the stickers cover the crease. So you will have to cut them to open it up. Everything works on mine but there is something rattling around inside. It might be a part of the landing gear but it works good enough that I'm just going to leave it be.
    I'll bet is a solid black imperial blaster

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    I'll bet is a solid black imperial blaster
    That would be great, I could also use a black princess blaster, lol

It doesn't sound like a weapon though. I guess SW collecting has helped me identify different grades of plastic by sound, maybe I have a problem I'll have to give it some shaking in the sunlight and see if I can get it to fall out the cockpit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast