Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars SC 38

Star Wars SC 38

So there's this video on Youtube entitled Star Wars SC 38. It's the lightsaber battle between Vader & Kenobi on the Death Star reimagined. It's incredible!! This is what Lucas the next time he changes the movie. Whoever did it, did a fantastic job on it. It's quite an improvement on the battle & brings it up to a level equal to the prequels & indeed Empire & Jedi.

It does look great, yes. A labor of love. Needs a touch here and there, but well thought out and executed nonetheless. Absolutely worth checking out those 6 minutes.
    "Without respect - we reject!"

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

I felt like they went a LITTLE too far and XTREME in a few places that would have made it feel a bit out of place with the rest of the movie. I'd love to see something like this, reigned in a bit with a Lucas sized budget, but overall, it's incredibly well put together and an entertaining watch.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Quote Originally Posted by DagMarus View Post
    I felt like they went a LITTLE too far and XTREME in a few places that would have made it feel a bit out of place with the rest of the movie. I'd love to see something like this, reigned in a bit with a Lucas sized budget, but overall, it's incredibly well put together and an entertaining watch.
    100% agreed. It feels tonally off from the rest of the film and too stylized. Sort of like the Jedi Rocks scene in ROTJ. I should add that there are too many Force ability reveals that if watching the films in the order released should not be happening in the film. But it is well done and a cool idea. They certainly could have improved this lightsaber battle by now if they're going to keep messing with the films.

I was impressed with the mapping technigue used to give the stunt man Sir Alec's likeness. The emotion is vastly improved as well.
    What's perhaps most interesting about this fan-made scene is that it showcases what a modern day remake of ANH could be like.
    (yes, I'm aware of TFA )

As is, it would indeed be a tonal clash with the rest of ANH, but imagine the film as a sequel to RotS, properly wrapping up the character arcs of the PT cast (what happened to Jar Jar, Obi-Wan knowing R2) and tying in to CW, R1 and Rebels regarding Tarkin.
    It would have modern day effects, overall atmosphere and editing, a more rich post-PT John Williams soundtrack.
    And probably Alden as Han...
    Last edited by Rushie; 05-10-2019 at 06:28 AM.
    UPDATED! Check out my handy worksheet, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till now
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name, species and category. Updated till 10-7-2018
    http://www.filedropper.com/rushiesrebelscumfile

I was blown away by this video.

As a stand alone project, it's mind blowing. But as is, it wouldn't fit into the original movie. It's a bit too stylistic.

But I think there are plenty of good shots that could be cut into the original film. A shorter version of this with more focus on the light saber clashing and less on the force powers might work.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=to2SMn...kRUoPc1xCLh-os

Just finished watching it.. Very impressive..

liked it over all. Yeah could definitely see the scene playing out like this if A New Hope was made today.

My only problem is that it makes everything that Luke, Han, and Leia are doing seem tame by comparison. So when it cuts to a scene with the three lead characters of the film, you just want it to cut back to the lightsaber duel right away.

I rewatched Star Wars after seeing this, with the original lightsaber fight choreography, and I don't think it needs to be changed at all. The problem with fight choreography in films is that if you take it too far, everything can look staged. (Of course, movie fights are staged, but the good ones don't feel like they are.) This is my problem with the lightsaber fights in the Prequels, they feel too perfectly choreographed, with none of the fighters ever losing an ounce of stamina or getting winded. Thus, they end up looking cool but feeling undramatic.

As a fan tribute to Star Wars, the SC 38 Reimagined was amazing; but I would never want to see it added into the actual film.

Also, I highly doubt Lucas is going to be making any more changes to movies that don't belong to him anymore.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Honestly, I thought it looked a bit silly and over done in areas. The original is much better, even with its flaws.

Agree on the OTT "fight" choreography. Never sat right with me. The duels in the original films will always trump the dancing that goes on in the prequels. It never looked like fighting to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast