Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 48

Thread: Star Wars 3.75” Retro Line - Removing “Retro” Sticker

  1. #1

    Star Wars 3.75” Retro Line - Removing “Retro” Sticker

    All right, I have just picked up all of these figures and I am all ears. What is the best proven technique for removing this monster sticker? Who has already done this with experience? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Jedi View Post
    All right, I have just picked up all of these figures and I am all ears. What is the best proven technique for removing this monster sticker? Who has already done this with experience? Thanks!
    I use lighter fluid to remove stickers, tape and price tags you can use a hairdryer but there is a chance you accidentally melt the blister. Before you start on your new toys i recommend to practice on stickers tape and price tags on normal household items to get the hang of it after watching some tutorials on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+lighter+fluid

  3. #3
    Why do you want to remove the sticker? It's part of the design and may be a desired part of the package later on down the road.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Wtrailer View Post
    Why do you want to remove the sticker? It's part of the design and may be a desired part of the package later on down the road.
    I want to see the cardback in all of its original nostalgic glory!!! These are so cool to have in hand and I want it to be as close to the original as possible!

  5. #5
    If anyone has some good success, please post your technique. I am seeing lots of differing approaches between Goo Gone, lighter fluid and blow dryer.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    I use lighter fluid to remove stickers, tape and price tags you can use a hairdryer but there is a chance you accidentally melt the blister. Before you start on your new toys i recommend to practice on stickers tape and price tags on normal household items to get the hang of it after watching some tutorials on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+lighter+fluid
    Thanks gerrit for the feedback!

  7. #7
    Initially I was going to remove the stickers, but it occurred to me if the line runs for a while and I want any consistency I'll have to remove it from every one of them. And if it's a challenge, then on a long enough time line I'll definitely damage a card. And that'll suck.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Jedi View Post
    If anyone has some good success, please post your technique. I am seeing lots of differing approaches between Goo Gone, lighter fluid and blow dryer.
    Sith_Apprentice posted some pics of a failed and succesfull blow dryer attempt in the Hasbro Modern Collecting section https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthre...141046&page=46

  9. #9
    First time I have seen those figures up close. That Han just doesn't look right! The cardbacks are really cool though, which would be the only reason I would buy them. Disappointing that sticker is there!

  10. #10
    Why not just buy recard cards if thats all you want? These are repro anywat and that distressing is awful. I'm buying these to pilot my vehicles and will try taking stickers off and report back when i get mine.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •