Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Board # 190: Rise of Skywalker, Retro Figures and SDCC

Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)

Quote Originally Posted by Slave_1 View Post
    Thx it said 5 left so I grabbed 5, afterwards it still says 5 available not sure if it takes time to update or what.
    The number was at 19 before I ordered my 8 and then dropped to 11, so it seemed to be accurate.
    Need: Han Solo (Mimban), Quay Tolsite

So did you get your Ahsoka bust what do you think of it is it pretty nice? Still waiting to get mine couldn't get it from GG they were sold out so I had to get it from Razors Edge, probably take them a little bit longer to get it in. I'm anxious to put her with her sabers.
    I ordered mine from Entertainment Earth. Still waiting too.

So did you get your Ahsoka bust what do you think of it is it pretty nice? Still waiting to get mine couldn't get it from GG they were sold out so I had to get it from Razors Edge, probably take them a little bit longer to get it in. I'm anxious to put her with her sabers.
    People have complained about broken saber hilts and bad paint apps, but mine is fine. The problem with mine is that the hilt of her right-hand lightsaber is too long, so the weight of the bust is partly supported by that instead of fully by the base. A potential tipping-over hazard for sure. I currently have the bust on a riser so the right arm/hilt can hang off the side, but I might find something 1/4" thick to put under the bust so it sits level on a shelf.

There are also complaints about the cheap styrofoam DST is using. Some people have had parts of the Ahsoka bust poking through the foam.

Did you get the SDCC McQuarrie sandtrooper bust? Same cheap styrofoam. Difficult to remove from the box without tearing it up. Lots of complaints of bent rifle barrels and broken straps on these busts. The rifle on mine was slightly bent, but I was able to straighten it.
    Last edited by Kielbassa; 08-05-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kielbassa View Post
    People have complained about broken saber hilts and bad paint apps, but mine is fine. The problem with mine is that the hilt of her right-hand lightsaber is too long, so the weight of the bust is partly supported by that instead of fully by the base. A potential tipping-over hazard for sure. I currently have the bust on a riser so the right arm/hilt can hang off the side, but I might find something 1/4" thick to put under the bust so it sits level on a shelf.

There are also complaints about the cheap styrofoam DST is using. Some people have had parts of the Ahsoka bust poking through the foam.

Did you get the SDCC McQuarrie sandtrooper bust? Same cheap styrofoam. Difficult to remove from the box without tearing it up. Lots of complaints of bent rifle barrels and broken straps on these busts. The rifle on mine was slightly bent, but I was able to straighten it.
    I definitely noticed the cheap Styrofoam used on the McQuarrie Sandtrooper. I think I even made comment about it here. It's sad to think they felt this was an area where they could cut costs.

Thanks for the info about the saber.
    Last edited by Ares_X; 08-05-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares_X View Post
    I definitely noticed the cheap Styrofoam used on the McQuarrie Sandtrooper. I think I even made comment about it here. It's sad to think they felt this was an area where they could cut costs.

Thanks for the info about the saber.
    Yeah the new styrofoam sucks and I don't like that they don't have the Star Wars logo on the bottom of the busts,I understand that they took GG off but need to come up with something.
    Wants-
    10 inch RED Fett POP

Quote Originally Posted by Kielbassa View Post

I use the acrylic risers on some of my busts too. If I'm looking to raise them up just a little bit I also use a roll of black electrical tape it usually costs under a dollar to buy a role its less than an inch thick and then you can also take some off the roll to make the diameter of the roll smaller. It matches the bases pretty well.

I'm glad your Ahsoka bust arrived in good shape.
    Wants-
    10 inch RED Fett POP

If anyone is interested, I'm selling my LEGO Death Star I. $350 for local pickup only. It is the original release:
    https://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/tag/6950583099.html

So I received the Stugz coffee mug from Target yesterday (2 days early) and it is far bigger than I ever imagined. The plush is not incredible, but it's cute. Not sorry I ordered it.

I put Chewie next to it to give an idea on size.

Just booked 8 days for a hotel for Star Wars Celebration 2020 and Disneyland (Galaxy's Edge). Now I have a whole year to wait.

Went to Disneyland and Galaxy's Edge last Friday. It was great, we had reservations for Oga's cantina and had a few drinks while in there. I bought a couple of BAD's (the small ones, not the $100 ones ). We had Aunt Beru's blue milk, it was good but not great. Rode on the Falcon's Smuggler run twice. Glad that we were able to make it, we had a great time. Ares_X, I can see where you can spend well over $1,000 with all the stuff they have, you will have lots of fun when you are there next year.
    Que la Fuerza te acompaņe
    Wants: 3.75" TFA Nien Nunb, Squad Leader Stormie
    My Transaction Feedback
    My Trade and FS List

Page 55 of 56 FirstFirst ... 54553545556 LastLast