Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Board # 190: Rise of Skywalker, Retro Figures and SDCC

Chandler, AZ (It's kind of like Tatooine)

Quote Originally Posted by bac View Post
    There are a lot of awesome aliens in the Disney films. I wish Hasbro could come up with a way to get them to us in the VC line. Put them in the right sales channel and they'll sell fast.

One of endless examples:

I agree, but that's no VC figure. He's big enough to be part of the creature line like a Dewback. I do feel someday we may get all of the aliens we want, but it may be a very long time. I'm still waiting for my Twi'leks, Ann & Tann Gella, from TPM.
    Need: Han Solo (Mimban), Quay Tolsite

Quote Originally Posted by Ares_X View Post
    I agree, but that's no VC figure. He's big enough to be part of the creature line like a Dewback. I do feel someday we may get all of the aliens we want, but it may be a very long time. I'm still waiting for my Twi'leks, Ann & Tann Gella, from TPM.
    He's a VC figure in a small box like the Target Tauntaun. And it would look great.

The VC focus this year has certainly been online versus traditional retail. I feel online is the only way many of the aliens we want will ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bac View Post
    He's a VC figure in a small box like the Target Tauntaun. And it would look great.

The VC focus this year has certainly been online versus traditional retail. I feel online is the only way many of the aliens we want will ever happen.
    Unfortunately I think you're right.

Somehow I reached my 30-day article limit and they want me to pay to keep reading, so I was never able to read the third link. That was the one I was most interested in.

Thanks for the info.

Any idea when you plan to go to this?

Yakface.com has listed a rumor that the following three figures are coming in the BS6 line.

I can't believe we don't have a Jar Jar or Dooku yet.

Though it's the Commander Bly that I am really excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares_X View Post
    Somehow I reached my 30-day article limit and they want me to pay to keep reading, so I was never able to read the third link. That was the one I was most interested in.

Thanks for the info.

Any idea when you plan to go to this?
    Basically once the land reaches capacity in the morning you’ll have to use the Disneyland app to book a time to enter the land. You’ll get a notification when your time comes and then have 2 hours to get there. Or there will be kiosks for people who don’t wanna use their phones. You have to be in the parks to get a time. Can’t be on your way. Once you get into the land you’re not limited to how long you can stay.

They did did say that during the reservation period they plan to keep the land under capacity and want the Falcon ride wait to be under 2 hours. We'll see how that goes.

My reservation is for June 6th from 8-12 am.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsr0jedi View Post
    Basically once the land reaches capacity in the morning you’ll have to use the Disneyland app to book a time to enter the land. You’ll get a notification when your time comes and then have 2 hours to get there. Or there will be kiosks for people who don’t wanna use their phones. You have to be in the parks to get a time. Can’t be on your way. Once you get into the land you’re not limited to how long you can stay.

They did did say that during the reservation period they plan to keep the land under capacity and want the Falcon ride wait to be under 2 hours. We'll see how that goes.

My reservation is for June 6th from 8-12 am.

WOW! You're brave to do it so soon, but I know you're a Disneyland nut.

Desiree and I were just discussing it and we're probably going to do Celebration next year and then stay after to do Galaxies Edge for a few days. Out biggest problem is finding someone to watch our dogs, but we think my eldest son may help us out.

So you're doing it at night? I think I would prefer the day. Though you'll be much cooler at night.
    Last edited by Ares_X; 05-11-2019 at 12:39 AM.

So last week I attempted to return some $19 TIE Fighters that Desiree picked up for me to my Walmart that has them priced at $9 and re-buy them and I was denied, so I just returned them.

So when I met with Desert Trooper, I picked up the only two TIE Fighters at Riverview Walmart for $40 each. Then today I tried again at my Walmart and this time I got the right person. She even commented on what a great deal it was. So I think I'm done with VC TIE Fighters for now. I have one I got at full price the day they came out and 4 at $9. Plus I still have a bunch of the large wing TIE fighters in the packaging from years ago and opened ones.

We went to the Disneyland Halloween hard ticket event last year and it was a fantastic way to enjoy the park with lighter crowds. I thought it would be a great way to get into GE with minimized crowds but I guess they are only offering the Halloween event at California Adventure this year. Kind of a bummer. But I know they are obviously going to try and maximize on the opening of GE for as long as possible.

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast